world record shortest private tryout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
I had one girl on my team who is a scholastic student. Straight A's all around. She works hard and all that good stuff. While in the beginning of the season I was looking for a catcher. I had three tryout, one being this girl, one my dd and the other a newbie who never played a day of her life in any sport. Newbie had a arm and was quick on her feet. My dd and the other girl had experience behind the plate, but lacked the mobility as this newbie. So had all the girls go with a catching coach that we use at the park. All three worked with him. At the end he gave me his opinion on who I just start and can see who is doing good.

It was the newbie that rocked it all. My dd took second string, and scholastic girl took third string. I pulled all three of them aside, and let them know what was told to me. After practice the parent of scholastic girl came up to me and addressed me that her dd is crying and upset. That she has never been last in anything. I told her its not a bad thing, there are just two other girls that did a bit better.

Then mama went off in spanglish with me. Talking about how she practices and blah, blah, blah. It was funny, I just let her know with this newbie being a quality catcher, I can have your dd pitch more. Then she shut up and left. I WIN!!! LOL

Oct 19, 2009
I listed to Rush too then...only from Subdivisions and before though.....don't give me that 1001001 SOS bs.....

You might want to check out their last few albums. They abandoned that New Wave phase and got back to their roots. Everything 2002 and later rocks pretty hard.

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
166405_605529916855_6394684_n.jpg

DD puts in the earbuds when I put on the Rush. Though she does go for Queen. FYI the entire Queen catalog lasts from KC to Boulder, a week in CO, and back.

/totally off topic

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
That youtube clip has seen more mileage than a lot of clips simply because of the humor factor. I wonder if Grandpa even knows what a cult following he has? :)

BTW, my previous post "someone listens to Rush" comment had nothing to do with music. ;) I don't think I've ever heard a reference to the low information voter in a Rush (the band) lyric. However, I do like their early stuff! Red Barchetta comes to mind.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2013
No, no, no.... You were using the wrong technique. Here is the correct way to boost your DD's speed with minimal effort on her part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2OBD6rNQ60#t=19

I think I counted about 1 strike in there (not included the repeated clips). The dad catching is doing a great job of framing the pitches by snapping the glove back quickly into the strike zone to make the girl feel successful. Next time I am putting my DD's on the gun I will run full speed at them while they pitch. I should be able to get them into the 70's at least.:D Then just sit back and wait for the D1 offers to come in!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles