Wilson gear on sale...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2016
Anybody see the fastpitch helmets in black anywhere on decent sale? Seem to be hard to find discounted much yet. They're either sold out, or still $120+

Wilson either found more black helmets, or fixed something broken on the site. I can now buy the helmets. Now to decide if I should move her up to the larger size, or get the S/M that still fits now.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Arggh-
In my opinion, these wilson shock fx helmets are by far the best. However, the back part of the helmet, specifically the pads, are terrible. After 14 months of use, 5 of the pads are missing making it fit terribly. Wilson customer service is unable to sell either the individual pads or the entire back part... Basically having to throw away a perfectly good helmet. It doesn't help that black s/m is not available anywhere and that the models been discontinued. Anybody have any recommendations?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Arggh-
In my opinion, these wilson shock fx helmets are by far the best. However, the back part of the helmet, specifically the pads, are terrible. After 14 months of use, 5 of the pads are missing making it fit terribly. Wilson customer service is unable to sell either the individual pads or the entire back part... Basically having to throw away a perfectly good helmet. It doesn't help that black s/m is not available anywhere and that the models been discontinued. Anybody have any recommendations?

In my experience, pads fall out. It's happened at some point on nearly every helmet my DD has owned. Wilson FX catcher's helmets and Rip-It batting helmets are especially prone to this issue after about 6 months. For future reference, keep track of pads that fall out, and glue them back in. I usually use Gorilla Glue (a bottle lives in my backpack). I've re-glued pads into the helmets of my DD and her teammates between tournament games more times than I can count.

Jun 24, 2011
Arggh-

Get an All Star helmet. After twenty months of year round softball, this brand is holding up perfectly.

Aug 31, 2015
Texas
In my experience, pads fall out. It's happened at some point on nearly every helmet my DD has owned. Wilson FX catcher's helmets and Rip-It batting helmets are especially prone to this issue after about 6 months. For future reference, keep track of pads that fall out, and glue them back in. I usually use Gorilla Glue (a bottle lives in my backpack). I've re-glued pads into the helmets of my DD and her teammates between tournament games more times than I can count.

Same here, I agree 100%. Gorilla glue, extra leg straps and duck tape

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Last time those pads came out, I called Wilson and they sent me a new helmet free of charge.

I use Shoe Goo to glue them back in. They never come out again. I just tell my girls to keep track of them when they fall out.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
Wilson also replaced our helmet but the pads fell out after 2 months of light use. Glue just let go. I also gorilla glued them back in.

Depending on the head size, I'd get a small for almost all girls. The large is BIG!! I can use it on my 7 5/8 head. I did replace the factory elastics in the back with black elastics from Walmart to make it fit better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi