Will there be a new Freak Black?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2013
Will Miken release a new Freak Black? My daughter loves her current Freak, even put her Mako down for one but after a high school season and travel ball season it's showing alot of wear. What is comparable to the Freak? Is the 2legit similar or should I push her back to Easton if Miken is getting out of fastpitch?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No

Miken told me at most, they might produce another run of the Freak Black (same exact bat as last year), but that definitely has
not been decided. The end is coming fast for FP and BB for Miken.

I would def compare the Freak Black more to the 2Legit except the 2Legit has a little more weight to it

Aug 30, 2011
DE
My DD has both the Freak Black and 2Legit and the freak black is weighted true like a LXT and the 2Legit is more like an Easton about an oz over. 2Legit was very fragile as well.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
Everyone better get their backups and size ups now before they are all gone! Right Core? ;)

Just putting this out there but I have a gently used 33/23 and a new 34/24 in the wrapper if anyone is interested. The 33/23 has been regripped with a lizard skin .5mm grip. My DD is used to the Mako and the Freak Blacks are just a little too light. PM with a reasonable offer. I paid $200 each for both.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
Just putting this out there but I have a gently used 33/23 and a new 34/24 in the wrapper if anyone is interested. The 33/23 has been regripped with a lizard skin .5mm grip. My DD is used to the Mako and the Freak Blacks are just a little too light. PM with a reasonable offer. I paid $200 each for both.

Both bats have been sold

Jul 6, 2013
It's crazy that the freak is too light. My DD swings a 32/22 xeno, which is end loaded. It was suggested that I get her a 33/23 freak black to be comparable. First thing I noticed taking it out of the box was that even to me, it seemed heavy as can be. It almost feels like a 27 ounce bat. Haven't weighed it, but DD is of the same opinion, and after taking around 100 cuts with it, it stays in the bat bag. New xeno, here we come!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA