wife says i have a problem

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
)My wife says I have a serious problem. She says if buying bats was a drug i would have to go into rehab. This is just crazy to me my DD started playing softball in Feb. Went to local sports store picked up a chepo bat(Easton synergy aluminum). Wanted to see if my daughter enjoyed softball first. Well she did so I used a straight A report card as an excuse to buy a second bat. The worth fpx composite bat. So for most of the spring she swung that. Then summer ball starts and i start helping to coach and love every minute of it. SoI then bought a rip-it reaper that i found a great deal on for 79 bucks brand new which was 100 off the original price. Then just yesterday i found a brand new miken mv3 for 50 bucks brand new so what did i do, you got it i bought it. Lol
My wife rolls her eyes and ask me how she is gonna swing 4(really 3)bats. I look at it this way yes she has three bats no she won't swing all three at once but now she has choices and so does the team that i coach.

So am i the only one with this addiction?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Hi Burlap. You are in a safe place.

Spouses don't understand, it's not how much you spend on bats, it how much you saved below retail that matters.
Next she'll be brain washing the kids "dad I don't need another bat."

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
YES you are....welcome to the unhab... If I can enable you in anyway, just let me know LOL. I liked you getting the Miken mv3, I do the straight A's, but I use the NPF players as role goals. When we find the player we want to emulate, we start by procuring the products they endorse. We love Kelly K. & her Miken...and the last semester of this year will give DD a chance to get some BumBa color coded cleats... :{)

Jun 19, 2012
I tried to explain to her i have all but stopped my hobbies stufft just sits and collects dust. As In xbox and rc stuff and paint all equipment. I told just wait till my boy starts baseball. In a year. Lol

Jun 19, 2012
YES you are....welcome to the unhab... If I can enable you in anyway, just let me know LOL. I liked you getting the Miken mv3, I do the straight A's, but I use the NPF players as role goals. When we find the player we want to emulate, we start by procuring the products they endorse. We love Kelly K. & her Miken...and the last semester of this year will give DD a chance to get some BumBa color coded cleats... :{)
Yes please tell me when you see awesome sales lol

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If you haven't been hunting for a rare Phenix or the og eastons then there definately no problem.

I am using up some vacation time today. Helping out around the house, taking recyclables to the center, getting some groceries, driving around town to see what all the Play it again sports have in stock.

DD refuses to use any other bat than her game bat...I tried stockpiling, but it went to waste so I donated the excess. I guess the only way I am going to get another bat into her hands is if this one breaks. Weird kid.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd