who is the best college pitcher in 2014?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
i realize it's early in the season,but whats the opinions on who is the best so far?

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
and someone called me yesterday and asked me if i had seen Aimee Creger yet? i watched Rogers vs Renfro ,they are both very good. and yes Dallas is great also... hopefully we get some video of these girls as the season moves on

Mar 26, 2013
I like rdbass's thinking and believe they have to do it against the best to be the best...

Ally Carda (19-1) has done well against everyone but Michigan.

Cheridan Hawkins (17-2) dominated Washington yesterday while shutting them out in both games.

Ellen Renfroe (21-0) got all 3 wins against Florida this weekend.

Haylie Wagner (17-0) has Michigan in the mix.

Escobedo's last game was great, but her previous outings were less than stellar. Besides the K's, the only difference between her and Pinon in that game was the runner on base for ASU's HR.

Nov 1, 2008
OILF I know exactly what you're talking about. Our HS coach calls all the pitches. The catcher, pitcher, batter, and umpire are all waiting for her to decide what to call, then look for that pitch on her armband and call it out. Then they have to look at their armbands and then get ready to play. It gets old after about 3 pitches.

Same thing when they're batting. 2 outs, runner on third, slow hitter at the plate....why even bother calling in a sign? She's swinging.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
College coaches are control freaks. Rogers walked at least 6 batters and was muttering the numbers to herself the whole game. This started because the coaches want to chart pitches (and they can't see them if the catcher calls). It is also due to high salaries and having to win or get fired. It's ridiculous. The catcher now is a no brains position. So what if you the coach called an outside drop. What if the pitcher doesn't hit that spot? Your records show the wrong scouting if she did not hit the spot. I am not sure a single pitch matters that much to getting a batter out, anyway, but the flow and the other pitches around it. Let the catchers call and take less darn notes. Losing the forest for the leaves or whatever.

Yahoo - we are on the same page!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321