Which one would go farther?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Dont let it bother you. He will learn to converse in a civil manner. Hes just a new member. It would be interesting to see what the IP address is, could be a trol account of a long time member. If thats the case he should loose all his softballs.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Too the 'scientist' in the thread a pound is a pound is a pound. Getting hit on the head with a pound of brinks would be completely different than getting hit on the hit with a pound of feathers. Maybe that is why pillows are made of feathers and not brinks.:rolleyes:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
So you are saying there is absolutely no, none, nada, zip transfer of energy from the athletes body. All that matters is the weight and speed of the bat at impact. Correct?

I'm still recovering from the Batted Ball Speed thread, but just in case I missed the sarcasm font or you're not intending to instigate another variation of a 'does a riseball...' thread, you are indeed correct.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Heck, u don't even have to be holding the bat let alone be a monster from Norway. lol

Pretty good paper on bats and physics and what not.

Physics and Acoustics of Baseball and Softball Bats

No handed HR [video]http://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/bats/movies/No-Hands-HR.gif[/video]

I like that 'does it matter how' write up. Im not that good with graphs and stuff, but how many hitters are represented on the chart err graph? Looks like two hitters are represented, one with a 70mph swing and one with a 85mph swing. They each hit 7 balls?

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Get a tee, bucket of balls, muscle up one bucket, throw the bat through the next, bet the best hit balls come out fairly close

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
So, my daughter and all of the other collegiate softball players wasted all of that time in the weight room. Got it. Now we just have to convince the college coaches to let the girls sleep in every morning. After all, it won't help their hitting.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Yes....we finally found another topic to rival face masks/rise balls and illegal pitches.

Cannonball and Riseball, you two would have fun with the research links GM posted. If you get a chance, read some of it and look at the various videos, I think it will convince you.

That doesn't mean the weight room is not necessary, after all, you still need to get the bat going as fast as you can and that requires strength, the more the better.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
So, my daughter and all of the other collegiate softball players wasted all of that time in the weight room. Got it. Now we just have to convince the college coaches to let the girls sleep in every morning. After all, it won't help their hitting.

Strength and good mechanics = faster bat speeds. No waste of time imho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi