Which Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 8, 2009
I had the question from a player one my team as to which bat to buy. She had narrowed it down to a CF4, Stealth or a Xeno. I told her which ever she felt more comfortable with. She insisted I make a suggestion, I told her I would do some research and let her know what I find out. She is about 5' 2" and about 80-85 pounds and has an above average swing with decent power. So what I'm asking of the three which would any of you suggest. My dd uses the CF4 so I'm kinda partial there.
Thanks

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2010
Tell her mom to decide if she would rather have a honda accord, toyota camery, or mazda 6.

Same damn thing, different brands. Tell her to pick the color she likes.

-W

Oct 25, 2009
We have a mix of all three on our HS team. They are all good! But it's Xeno that is the best all around.

The CF4 and Stealth hit great for power hitters. The Xeno hits great for power hitters and regular hitters. It makes a regular hitter a power hitter.

Notice I said hitters--not batters. There's a distinction. The bat doesn't make a hitter; it does affect the results of the hit.

Again, Xeno--hands down!

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD is 5'2" and 110lb. She used the CF4 31/21 last year and the XENO 32/22 this year. She likes both, but the XENO definitely has more pop when she makes solid contact.

All the above are great tips!
My DD, power hitter, is a Stealth fan, i'm not! I have to replace annually(went through 4 in 3 yrs). She is 18yo in her final TB season before college. I am pushing strong to get her to fall in love with the Xeno (wish me luck). The C4 IMO is the AK47 of bats...takes a ton of abuse and keeps putting the hurt on balls. Even though the verdicts still out with the Xeno I've heard nothing but positives. Even the broken glass sound it produces is stirring up conversation but the way the ball pops off the barrel is where I think its claim to fame will be.
IMO bottom line....get the Xeno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24