Where to start when coaching pitching.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
What should be the priority?

As a general rule, especially when learning to pitch, power pitchers are going to be a more inconsistent, while control pitchers will throw more strikes. If you have power pitchers it is definitely more frustrating and takes more patience but it will work itself out over time. Most pitchers I have seen that throw a lot of strikes early in their learning are control pitchers (less velocity), and they tend to remain control pitchers throughout there careers. Again not always but usually, and there is a place for both.

Aug 31, 2014
Great stuff guys. I really appreciate. I'm hoping to document my process. I will be starting with IR. I will also be doing these drills myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
IR and DM go hand in hand. Work on them both at the same time. Learn to throw underhand and learn to work your hips/legs/feet to get in the proper position so that when you do start DRIVING off the plate, your mechanics will be there.

Jul 17, 2012
Great stuff guys. I really appreciate. I'm hoping to document my process. I will be starting with IR. I will also be doing these drills myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... if you're not camera shy... take some video of yourself performing the drills explaining it as if you were "giving instruction" and share it here.... I'm sure all of us that have gone through it would be happy to give you some advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00