Where next?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2016
So i've been working with my DD and we are coming along. We are still pretty new to this whole pitching thing, started in January. She is working hard and continually getting better. I am kind of at a crossroads as to where to go next. Not sure if we should work on stride off the rubber, or start working on brush. She is really into it but change is not her favorite thing, nor is it any other 9YO's. We are going to continue working over the summer and try out U10 TB in the fall and spring. She pitched rec this year and had pretty good success, though i know it becomes more difficult in TB i think she can handle it. She is pretty competitive. I posted a vid of some slo-mo of her pitching. Sorry it is terrible IPhone clip but like i said i am kind of new to this.

If anyone that has been at this point can let me know what you think would be the best way to move forward between the two it would be greatly appreciated. Eventually i'll likely get her a pitching coach but at this point she does not want one. And we have done okay so far so i am going to respect her wishes for the time being. Even though i know i can only take it so far on my own.

Appreciate any input.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSpghIgp964

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
lots of good things happening here. My advice would be to Slow it down, go to the I/R sticky and really take your time with her to learn it correctly. Throw underhand a ton. Start learning the 2-step drill, take your time go slow pay attention to detail!

If had it to do over with my kid, I would slow it down pay attention to details, make sure she getting the little things. She's 9 you've got plenty of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArmyStrong

Going broke on softball
Sep 14, 2014
Pacific NW
I totally agree with Mothgirl.

In addition:
Sounds like your DD believes in you as her PC.
Keep learning new things here on DFP and seize the opportunity to coach her.
You will never be in over your head as long as the DFP gurus keep providing the keys to success.
Keep it fun for her and enjoy the journey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi