WHATS YOUR FAVORITE DEFENSIVE POSITION?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
:) WooHoo GO DEFENSE!

What's your or dd favorite defensive position?
WHY ?

Sep 19, 2018
DD is 10 (almost 11). Pitcher. She is in the action. Not bored waiting for a play to come to her. She likes being in control.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Catcher, catcher, and catcher. She has often played 1B, and she can do a pretty good job at 3B, but working the dish is what excites her. She loves the art of receiving. She loves the relationships she builds with her pitchers, and their collusion to get outs. She loves to fire her cannon and throw out runners. She loves the battle, and being in the center of it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anna's pitched and played SS since she was 10, I'd consider her a better SS than pitcher, and she'd rather play SS more, she just loves it more. But the same as Eric just said, way more business in the circle. Plus having a super solid SS playing in the circle makes for an excellent fielding & throwing pitcher! But to answer RAD's question........Shortstop.

Apr 26, 2015
DD loves CF (actually any OF position but she is most comfortable in center). Robbing homeruns, diving catches, going over the fence for the ball. Anything to make you go WOW!
She used to catch and was a great little catcher for most all the same reasons Eric listed above. Her pitchers loved her (and still get excited when she catches the occasional game) - she is smart and fast and strong and knows the game. But her knees can't do it anymore. Plus one of her strengths is her speed on the bases and tired legs don't help that either. (I must say - I miss seeing her behind the dish - but I've learned to embrace and respect the outfield wholeheartedly!)

Jun 8, 2016
Right now DD's is SS and mine is far enough behind the OF fence that I can mumble to myself and nobody can hear me.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
The battery, of course! When my DD's are working together as P/C it's almost more than a Dad can stand! When they are playing CF and 3rd it's a little more chill (at least my blood pressure anyway)!

May 27, 2013
I played every position in HS including pitcher/catcher. I must say it is very difficult for me to pick one specific position as each one is different and requires different types of skills. I guess I loved pitching the most though as I loved being able to frustrate batters to no end. I also was very good at fielding while pitching and can’t even tell you how many sacrifice bunts turned into getting the lead runner out at 2B. Seeing how frustrated the opposing coaches would get was great. I didn’t throw heat but had pinpoint control with a FB that moved in to RH batters. I could throw that pitch anywhere the catcher wanted it which made it extremely effective for me.

However, I’d always play anywhere I was needed. Just being on the field and giving my all at that position was enough for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying