What would you do ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2010
DD is the primary pitcher on her team, she pitched 3 of 3 games last Saturday before rain cancelled the tournament. She has been invited to a team camp at a SEC school by another team that she has played with before. This occurs mid-week between an exposure tournament and a USSSA National event. Coach has said no because it conflicts with last practice before tournament.

I see the coach's point, but also realize it penalizes my kid. Also, another kid missed the 2 practices before a similar tournament last year and she didn't lose any playing time. Her reason for missing was not even softball related, mostly just lazy.

Jun 11, 2013
If the coach said that he didn't want her to get worn out I could see his point, but missing a practice at I assume 18U is
really not going to hurt her.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Seriously??? What is the objective, chasing little plastic trinkets or getting signed? Missing an SEC camp to attend a practice for any tournament is ludicrous. Sounds like her team is more about the coach and not the players. Do not give it a second thought and go to the camp.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
You are playing at a different level then us.

It sounds like she has a lot of good things going on which I would not want to jepedize.

You need to rank all 3 events, if the camp is #1 or #2, see who blinks you or the coach.

If the camp is rated that high try to explain it to the coach and take your chances on missing National event.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
No Brainer. No offense to a U-Trip "National" event, but performing in front of an SEC (I'm assuming it's Bama, since they do "play-day" events with teams) team is why all/most 16U and up play ball. EXPOSURE !!

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Don't usually agree with AI but in this case..
raw

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
How old is your DD? Is she is in prime time for recruiting (14-16 years old) I would go to the camp. If she is 9-13 I would go to practice.

Oct 22, 2010
It's 14U. We have plenty of trinkets, won 6 last summer/fall (she pitched 101/121 total innings). First answer was no, then we'll talk at practice. I still say she gets more long term benefit from the camp.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
It's 14U. We have plenty of trinkets, won 6 last summer/fall (she pitched 101/121 total innings). First answer was no, then we'll talk at practice. I still say she gets more long term benefit from the camp.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If they won 6 tournaments they are wasting their time stoking their egos in 14U. Go big or go home!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC