What type of Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2018
Dudley Thunder ZN's are my ball of choice, but Trumps are good too. I have a couple SP blue dots in the bucket that my DD refers to as dinger balls that we always save for the end of the bucket. She loves seeing them fly

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Leather is def key as AD said...they hold up much better than the plastic/synthetic do. And they also fly better. But there
are a few pro-comp balls that are made now that rival leather. Just don't go cheap, that the main thing with balls.

Also, if talking balls for bp...Evil makes a bp ball that holds up very well and its made to take more hits than a regular
ball. I have used them and they are darn good.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Evil makes a ball specific for batting practice as well as their regular ball lineup. They are pretty darn good
holding up. I have the BP52s (orange/yellow)...and they really do hold up better, not a gimmick...haha. We put a lot
of hard hits on them in one session with a bunch of guys and they have gone a year with no issue besides
losing a few and some people relocating them into their bags

But there are a lot of regular balls out there that are good as long as you buy the better line.
Trump, Evils, Dudly, Decker Sharks, Worth/Rawlings, Baden

You get what you pay for def is true

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
Contact your local organizations and/or tournament sites. Many times these groups have a plethora of old game balls.

Trump ... evil ... blue dots ... when did this turn into a political thread?

Apr 28, 2019
Does everyone use to practice with. What Brand and where ya getting them at
Whatever you can get your hands on for a reasonable price. Like some people mentioned good leather balls for infield/outfield, pitchers/catchers and live hitting. Garbage balls for hitting drills into nets. I like Dudley, Pro Nine, Diamond, Wilson. Champro has some cheaper options if your on a tight budget.
I bought some Diamond synthetic last season that were on clearance down from $70 to $22 bucks a dozen. I wouldn’t pay $70 bucks for them but they were pretty good balls. We used them for pitching for a while and now there BP balls. Hock sports had them but I believe they sold out.
Just check any good softball site and EBay and you will find good deals.

Mar 4, 2018
I purchase all our balls at Dicks Sporting Goods. I buy the Worth Dream Seams. If you purchase a dozen balls or more they are 33% off, and you can use a in store coupon. I usually bring a $15 off of a $75 purchase. Ends up being under $5 per ball.

Do not buy the Dicks brand of softballs, they are terrible.

I also like Sterling softballs but they are pretty expensive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K