What to do after testing positive for COVID-19

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2015
Please be careful and follow the advice of your trainer and doctors regarding exercise and covid. As a medical professional i can tell you that the myopathy and respiratory effects can be very real even in young people so please follow the advice of the professionals examining you personally regarding exercise instead of well meaning advice from this board

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
If you feel OK go outside and take a walk when there’s no one around. Like in the rain or at night, as long as it’s safe.

Also, you may test positive for quite some time even though you won’t be contagious after a week or two. Be sure to ask your coaches about what it will take for you to return...push back if they require a negative test. That’s no longer the proper standard.

I was still feeling alright, yesterday. I ordered some pizza and noticed I lost my sense of taste. I also noticed I started getting short of breath and tired after I got back from my walk after midnight last night. I'm starting to feel really crampy as well.

It feels like its going to be tough if I'm going to be testing positive for a while. I didn't know how long it could be that I will be contagious. I'm definitley going to be talking to my coaches after they get back from Florida.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Sorry Gabby, China virus sucks!! My symptoms started Christmas Eve night (on that Thursday) so I couldn't get tested until the following Monday.....positive!

I cut grass, worked on cars, worked on mowers, somewhat cleaned the garage :rolleyes:, cleared and cleaned the brush behind our backyard fence, and then unknowingly to the GM over my job, I came into work every night around 8:30/9:00 and worked until around midnight EVERY night! No phones, no crybaby techs, pitch black dark inside, I got so much work done that it spoiled me, didn't want to come back to normal working hours!

Sorry you didn't get to play, or travel with your teammates! Hope you get back to negative very soon!

Thanks, AD. Your right, it does suck. It sucks hard. My symptoms started last night. I ordered pizza and lost my sense of taste. I started feeling tired and short of breath after a late-night walk in the rain. I'm also starting to feel crampy, too. If I didn't know I was positive for covid, I could have sworn it was my endometriosis acting up, again. What was your symptoms like? How long did it last for you?

I contacted my parents this morning, and I'm going to be going home to recover from covid. I'm planning on leaving tonight to make the hour and a half drive. I figure being home, I can work on softball when I feel decent enough to do so.

So, I guess today is going to be a netfilix and chill day. :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
What was your symptoms like? How long did it last for you?

As I said Christmas Eve around 5:00, probably 12/13 family members here for dinner, everyone with plates in hand lined up to make themselves a plate.

As I was making a plate I popped one of my MIL’s deviled eggs in my mouth.....nothing! Very strange because they’re ALWAYS awesome! Sit down with my wife and start eating, nothing! I kicked her foot under the table and whispered I can’t taste anything! Her look was like “what??” We both knew right then!

Symptoms, no taste or smell. The back of my neck & shoulders were unbelievably sore, like the worst case of sleeping on your neck wrong.....times ten! Definitely got winded easier, never really felt bad just didn’t feel great either!

And temperature, never once had one, in fact my temperature never even got to 98, it stayed anywhere from 97.3 to 97.8.

Drank tons of water and loaded up on Zinc and vitamin D3, did that really help, no idea?

My only concerns are any long term issues being that this is a man made, manipulated virus? I probably shouldn’t say anything else or Sluggers will delete me! :rolleyes:

Get some rest, don’t stress yourself out, stay hydrated, you’ll be fine soon enough!

Get home and let mom and dad take care of you!

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
DW tested positive back in October. She had gotten a head cold with no other significant symptoms. We didn’t think much of it at the time. No fever. No fatigue. Still had taste/smell. Only reason she went and got tested was because a co-worker tested positive.

We had to quarantine her in another part of the house. Luckily, she felt well enough she could work from home which helped pass the time. Otherwise it was rest, TV/Movies, and reading. She did some light exercise just to be moving. She was fortunate that she was on the minimal symptom side of COVID and started feeling better after about 7-days. But everyone is different.

Do your best to keep a positive mental state. It’s tough when you can’t be around other people AND you want to play ball. Take care of yourself first and foremost. FaceTime/video chat friends and family. It’s amazing how you can knock out a few hours that way.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
As I was making a plate I popped one of my MIL’s deviled eggs in my mouth.....nothing! Very strange because they’re ALWAYS awesome! Sit down with my wife and start eating, nothing! I kicked her foot under the table and whispered I can’t taste anything! Her look was like “what??” We both knew right then!

Symptoms, no taste or smell. The back of my neck & shoulders were unbelievably sore, like the worst case of sleeping on your neck wrong.....times ten! Definitely got winded easier, never really felt bad just didn’t feel great either!

I had a co-worker who had the loss of taste/smell happen to him. He said the craziest thing was the feeling of only eating because he had to. Not eating simply to solve a taste craving. I had never thought of it that way until he mentioned it.

So.....making sure you’re still fueling your body properly is probably even more important now. As I’d imagine it’s easy to forget when you can’t taste anything.

Nov 8, 2020
Take the meds your doctor prescribes you, mine prescribed me a Z Pack, Prednisone and Hydroxychloroquine and told me to take a lot of Zinc and vitamin D. That was in July though so they may have other med regimens they are giving you now. Body aches lasted a day or so sore throat maybe 2 days. The lack of taste or smell was the weirdest part. I dont think I ate anything for 3 or 4 days at all. And when I did start eating again I was putting Tapatio on everything and I'm not usually a hot sauce guy.
You'll be OK, the tests now are amped up so some people are getting positive results but never showing symptoms. Enjoy the break, catch up on sleep, order pizzas, if you can taste them, you're good

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Feel better, Gabby. So sorry that you are not feeling well.

Thank you so much for the get well wishes. I think if my symptoms stay like this, I shouldn't have too much to worry about. I see the worst-case scenarios they show on the news and think that could be me...especially since I'm a pre-med major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA