what should be priority?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I think that the onus is on parents to be honest and upfront prior to the start of the season. DD is on a TB team, but wanted to do AAU basketball this spring at the school she will be attending next year (private school). Normally, I wouldn't try to do this b/c of the potential for conflicts, but I wanted her to have the chance to meet some girls she'll be with for the next six years. So, I told the basketball coach BEFORE TRYOUTS that when there are conflicts with games/tournaments, softball will be the priority AND provided him with the practice and tournament schedule I had at that moment. They took enough girls on the team (15) so that occasional conflicts for multi-sport athletes wouldn't be a big problem.

Again, open communication is the key to avoid resentment and burning bridges.

May 6, 2015
i guess it just burns me that nothing was said prior to draft, or when we scheduled practices, and to boot he was at the district scheduling meeting as the rep for our league! he could have said no, this team cannot do thursday home games (and would have helped me out additionally, older DD home games are all Thursdays as well, logistics are easy, but I will miss over 50% of her games), but he let schedule happen. I was pretty easy, any day of the week would have worked for me.

basically, he has his girls register for LL so travel team gets a discount, they are gonna be fasttracked for AS, get all the circle time they want, and his neice will blow off our games whenever their is a conflict (she is only 9 on TB team I believe, all his 11/10s are in next division up, and not as many problems there, only two teams, both coached by TB parents, so of course the schedules revolve around TB team).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12