What is your weakness as an athlete?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

A

alanfostersmith

Bottom Line!!! As an athlete/softball player, if you have weaknesses in your body or compensations,or assymmetries (one side stronger than the other) you can only produce so much power...only be so fast... only be so agile or quick.Try to find someone who is certified to perform a Functional Movement Screen, find out your score and work to correct those weaknesses or compensations in your body. Not only will you become a better more effecient athlete/softball player you can absolutely cut down on non-contact injuries. Strains, sprains, ACL`s, sore shoulders, elbows,etc.I`m in the So.California area, Let me know if you can`t find someone certified in your area.I`ll see if I can help...if you`re in sunny Cal.contact me at Another Level Sports Performance - Home

Functional Movement Screen for Athletes

Functional Movement Screens is a battery of screens that help to both prevent non-contact injuries and facilitate more effective training techniques. Once you discover an athlete’s weakness or limitation, you can then develop a corrective exercise program to help the athlete perform at a higher and more productive level as well as reduce the risk of non-contact injuries.

By performing the FMS, you can quickly ascertain potential risk when an athlete’s movement patterns are limited or altered. These patterns often go undetected in conventional training. You can also use the screen to refine training based information.

The FMS can help athletes in many different ways. This simple screening tool provides the most fundamental and primary information needed when working with athletes. There is a total of 7 tests with 3 being the best you can get for each of the 7 tests. How close are you to a perfect score? What is your score?

Benefits of Utilizing the Functional Movement Screen and Exercise Philosophy
•Creates a functional baseline to mark progress.
•Improves functional fitness and athletic performance.
•Helps to reduce the potential for training and sports injuries.
•Provides a simple grading system to assess movement patterns.
•Identifies physical imbalances, limitations, and weaknesses.
•Improves fundamental movement patterns with simple corrective exercises.
•Helps to individualize training and conditioning programs for specific results.

“Working on any other part of the chain will not change the strength of the chain.”

Some Athletic Misconceptions:

•Weakest link is found in a movement pattern…not in anatomy.

•Performance vs. durability, not always the biggest or strongest, most fit symmetry, mobility, stability…more durable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06