What is wrong with USSSA in eastern MO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
mosftballdad, I think I know who is running USSSA in eastern portion of Mo. If so, it has been like this for a long time. DD grew up playing all over the Mo area and we ran in to some weird stuff. Agree with those that stated that KC side is fantastic. DD played numerous times there as well and always was a good experience.

Feb 16, 2012
HC sent out an email late yesterday that we are limiting our exposure to USSSA and will play all NSA and ASA. The problem has been that USSSA has had the most tournaments but I think the tide is changing for that too. We have decided to go to NSA nationals in Peoria this year instead of KC.

Jun 18, 2010
HC sent out an email late yesterday that we are limiting our exposure to USSSA and will play all NSA and ASA. The problem has been that USSSA has had the most tournaments but I think the tide is changing for that too. We have decided to go to NSA nationals in Peoria this year instead of KC.

I understand your frustration, but we always play where we find the competition. I guess it depends on your level of play and which org draws the best in your area.

Apr 11, 2012
The St. Louis area director has lost his mind. Among other things, last year he allowed subs in a closed roster state tournament with girls that had played in the same tournament. Then allowed older girls to play down...in the same tournament. Now this year starts out with an indoor tournament where he schedule 14U teams to play on Friday night starting at 10:15 pm, 12:15 am and 2:15 am on Saturday and then come back at 9:00 pm on Saturday. This is not a midnight madness tournament. I think he has truly lost his mind.

14U teams are at the bottow of the "big girl pool" unfortunately and get poor games times and pools regulary it seems ....and the things that you said were "allowed" by your USSSA St. Louis Area Director need to be addressed "right then and there" in order to get action, after the fact proof will never get anywhere either...and that is a problem in ALL governing softball organizations not just USSSA. We have played in St. Louis quite a few times, but during the summe, and never heard or seen any trouble, so maybe you can just chaulk it up to a bad experience. In Kansas City, the better 16A and 18A teams compete mostly in ASA....and the top tiered teams in those age groups will do PGF too....but USSSA has a lock on 10U / 12U / 14U divisions, as they offer a better product for the most part and ASA stuggles to get A and B teams to their tournaments....the do great in the C "VIP" series though....

Feb 16, 2012
Pdiddy...all issues were addressed as they happened. The state director was notified also but just directed everything back to the local guy. The better teams are all limiting their exposure to USSSA and most are going to NSA. Once ASA gets more established in this area I can see teams either splitting their time or you will have one half go NSA and the other ASA.

Apr 11, 2012
I'm sure you tried to get your issues addressed....but what I meant was that for any hope of justice the issues would have to be dealt with immediately from a tournament director....97% of the people running these tournaments will just nod the head, like they understand your complaint and tell you what you want to hear like "I will get to the bottom of this"...and then do absolutely nothing and go to the other side of the park for a while....then when you ask why they allowed someone to break the rules, they threaten you to drop it "or you and your team will be out of the tournament"....it's almost like they fear cheaters and punish those who speak up about it....it's a good thing that most coaches and teams won't pull that kind of crap....the best thing to do is berate those types of coaches, not on the field in front of minors , but on the local forums and use their names and call them out....shame them publicly to anyone and everyone who will listen....I know it's painful, but it's your only defense for such behavior IMO....

Feb 16, 2012
The tournament director agreed with us but was overridden by the regional director. We didn't go quietly into the night we hounded him all day long. In the end the tournament director found a way to do an end run on one of the issues for us. It's a shame that a minor few feel it necessary to cheat to be a winner.

Apr 11, 2012
good to hear....I never can figure out some of these guys....I had a tournament director in Oklahoma once be very rude to me for asking just a simple question about a tournament rule....when he made he smart-arss remark to me and I took exception to it, he then threatens me and the team....I just laughed at him and then preceded to tell every local coach about our treatment and that we would not be back and the I would tell every KC team about it too....by the end of the weekend obviously his boss alerted him on who was "writting the revenue checks" and who was "overhead"....his boss politely asked us to stop complaining to the local team coaches and then apoligized....

In this country and more now than ever..."the squeeky wheel gets the first grease".....

Nov 11, 2012
where are you from?

I am a Usssa director for Bolivar and would like to restore your faith in the program. Please contact me directly. 417.894.4455