What is this and why do I need one.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Agreed, but I believe (Buttermaker please correct me here if I am wrong) Buttermaker is a TM "disciple" which is why I mentioned it.

Understood. But buttermaker has a wealth of knowledge and experience with other concepts. I am curious what his view is concerning direction.

May 3, 2014
I am on board with launch then direct but it's really a blended move IMO. Outside pitch the rear leg turns less aggressively than on inside pitch.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
VaGcbq.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Bottom right on the floor......
------------------------------------------Look what I see

May 12, 2016
Probably one of the best cue's ever told to my DD IMO was " Don't take the flight of stairs down to the ball, take the spiral staircase instead". I feel this approach also enforces the proper arm action as well as hand action IMO.

I like that

May 12, 2016
exactly!...Some people want to muddy the water with all of this stupid wordsmithing! Get the bat in YOUR HANDS...Turn the barrel around the forearm! DONT SNAP THE BARREL BACKWARDS 12-6....The barrel is up and through but the hand action is not snapping backwards....it is not 12-6...ITS A BLENDED MOVE...

Torqu on the handle at GO TIME
Turning action towards the ball!

Its a blended move. So you can snap it rearward...lead with the elbow.....bat drag if you want to!

The teachers of this simply do not understand it!

Forcing rearward barrel to 12-6 and Forcing tilt is not a good thing. I watch those kids that force the tilt and they fall over sideways and the elbow is jammed to their side!

Unfortunately that's what was happening my daughter when I was trying to teach her last season, she kept stumbling over the plate.. and she still has an unnatural tilt which is causing her issues. She has more issues than that :), but that's one of them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi