WHat is expected after you sign?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2013
My daughter is signed - now what? She played fall ball and went to Cali three times. This summer is she expected to go to the big tournament in Colorado? I can understand PGF Nationals is a must. What do other do? Do you start working out with the college team in the summer or league a like baseball?

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Did the college coach give any indication? I'd think a simple email would result in a detailed answer from the coach.

Dec 20, 2012
I would have her call the coach and find out exactly what he/she wants. If she is playing a local college that is NAIA, D2/3, small D1 the coaches expectation will PROBABLY differ from that of a major D1 program. It was suggested that my daughter switch teams to a large national club team that will travel to the large showcases and national tournaments. She and the girls coming in with her, are expected to play a competitive schedule against the best talent possible in their areas of the country. Premier Nationals, Boulder 4th of July, ASA Gold, will be the Nationals along with the local qualifiers will fill up most of our summer.

She is also expected to show up for college in shape. Have a fitness/endurance test that all must pass in order to play(pretty common with almost all schools).

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
As others have suggested, talking with her college coach about expectations would be your best bet.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
When my dd signed, she got a mailing outlining everything. It included weight program and cardio workout. Yes, they will get a "base measurement" at one of the first workouts. DD was told what range she was expected to be in per measurements. Her TB team had a speed/strength coach and so, she didn't have to worry about all of those measurements. You don't want your dd to fall short and especially with the cardio times. Coach will look at that as your dd is not committed to the program. With TB, I have heard college coaches pick TB teams that they want their recruits to play on. In fact, dd's program benefited from this as on local D-I coach has determined that she wants some of her recruits to play for that program. College coaches will show up during the summer as they recruit and so, they will be checking in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55