What I learned about my DD this weekend...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2009
attempts by the other team to "throw her off" by saying mean things about her from the dugout wasn't their best plan...
Apparently, DD pitches like a beast when ticked off!;)

hehe

de Groot

Pitcher
May 11, 2010
I pitch terrible when I'm ticked off. I rush through my pitches and get wild. I am just glad I could care less what the people are saying on the bench because when there up to bat a strike out is the best revenge.

Mar 15, 2010
attempts by the other team to "throw her off" by saying mean things about her from the dugout wasn't their best plan...
Apparently, DD pitches like a beast when ticked off!;)

hehe

Last tournament the other bench was brutal with the comments the first three innings. Them my DD had her second at-bat. She hit a grand slam home run off their supposed unhittable pitcher. She followed it her next at bat with a 3 run double. The last couple of innings you could hear crickets chirping from their bench.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
A shame that a team would be allowed to do that, but kudos to your daughter for figuring out how to use it to her advantage. We talk a lot about mental toughness. She showed a boatload of it. Congrats!

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It gets worse. During a HS game, a group of "fans" were loudly questioning my DD's sexual orientation.

When working with my DDs, we always had an "end of practice challenge". For the softball player, it was "how many strikes in a row can you throw". For the basketball player, it was "how many free throws in a row can you make." During the challenge, I would say derogatory things to them before, during and after each throw/shot--stuff like "you're horrible, you're the worst player in the world, you should never be allowed to touch a ball, you are going to blow it because you suck". (I learned this from DD#1's pitching coach.)

So, that stuff never bothered them.

Dec 10, 2009
Sluggers, your posts are priceless! :)

I agree with stephanie - we will be adding a new drill to our arsenal!

ETA: YAY for your DD stephanie! Love it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar