what do you use?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I have gone through some old threads but with ever changing technology I would like to know what kind of video camera you use for analysis. I have 2 dd's that pitch and I'm also the coach of a 12U travel team. I'm over my head with specs and what not so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
You are wearing several hats... you need a all purpose. I got a canon Vixia Hf S10... it works great. Speed Clips for pitching&hitting. 32G's for double hitters. A still camera too...for family. I'm sure they are better now, mine is 6 yrs. old.

Here is a clip I made today.... very little blur on fast movements. But that is outside light....going to test inside later this weekend...:cool:
2000TV.gif

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
I use Ubersense on iPhone. I can control the slow mo replay, record message to the video, it has drawing application so I can highlight elements on the screen. It's free but also has a pay version. Works well. I use it for pitching mostly but also hitting.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
We find the GoPro cameras are the best all around camera. They can handle the environment (rain, dust, etc.). Small enough to pack and can shoot a lot of video. Wireless will let you pull clips into your various analysis programs (Ubersense and CoachesEye are the 2 front runners).

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I was hoping everyone would post a clip.... I'm lookin for my next camera. I think its alot to do with software. JMHO :cool:

Josh... you guys could send me a camera, and I'd make you a clip. I requested one from Panosonic... too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan