What do you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I am very thankfull for the well informed posters that bare with me and help me understand.I have and continue to learn so much.It has helped make my DD a way better hitter then she would have been if it was just me teaching her. What I know now if I'm ever reincarnated and come back as a girl,I'll be the best softball player they ever saw.

Oct 10, 2011
I barely understand whats posted here.It takes me awhile to understand what is being discussed over there.A lot of great gifs and very different opinions.I enjoy reading and learning.I just thought Chas had a different way of explaning almost what is discussed here.

Wow, me two. I git reel confussed. :)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I barely understand whats posted here.It takes me awhile to understand what is being discussed over there.A lot of great gifs and very different opinions.I enjoy reading and learning.I just thought Chas had a different way of explaning almost what is discussed here.

That's because anytime there is a discussion on hitting with more than one expert or self appointed expert it turns in to a peeing match.

"You are missing Jimmy Superstar's proprietary circumvention of the sphincter. Every top level swing includes sphincter circumventing."

I kid, but not far off.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My reading comprehension is very poor. So poor I'm not even sure how FFS felt about the guy.Darn,should have stayed in school.As Judge Smails(caddy shack) says"world needs ditch diggers too you know"

Oct 10, 2011
That's because anytime there is a discussion on hitting with more than one expert or self appointed expert it turns in to a peeing match.

"You are missing Jimmy Superstar's proprietary circumvention of the sphincter. Every top level swing includes sphincter circumventing."

I kid, but not far off.

This is true, but fortunately, there are those who can put it into terms the average person can understand. You just have to read 10 pages of posts to find it.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
My reading comprehension is very poor. So poor I'm not even sure how FFS felt about the guy.Darn,should have stayed in school.As Judge Smails(caddy shack) says"world needs ditch diggers too you know"

I am sure your fine. It's more just more unwritten rules of the game, can't give an opinion or direct answer about anything unless prepared for a 50 post battle of personal attacks and questions of credibility.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Thats some thing I will never understand about this site and others.Most on this site are just dads who think they (me included) knew how to hit.So we think OK I'll teach DD how to hit.Well DD still isn't hitting(my DD included).So off we go into the internet world and find this site.What a big,bigger and the biggest help.But there's a catch I know what your DD is doing wrong, will tell what is wrong.Will show with gifs what is wrong.Won't tell you how to correct it,why?Because there will 20+ post to say why what I'll suggest is wrong.Let who ever wants to help post a suggestion and let that dad or mom see if it works for their DD.No debate.I know some people still post suggestion in spite of the debating/fight and for that I thank you.Everyone better hope I don't find the hitting "secret" that you (you know who you are) know.Because I can't keep a secret.Most on this site help and I say this all tongue in cheek.Lets go back to the way this site was meant to be.Help hitters,fielders.parent,coaches and players.

Oct 14, 2008
Thats some thing I will never understand about this site and others.Most on this site are just dads who think they (me included) knew how to hit.So we think OK I'll teach DD how to hit.Well DD still isn't hitting(my DD included).So off we go into the internet world and find this site.What a big,bigger and the biggest help.But there's a catch I know what your DD is doing wrong, will tell what is wrong.Will show with gifs what is wrong.Won't tell you how to correct it,why?Because there will 20+ post to say why what I'll suggest is wrong.Let who ever wants to help post a suggestion and let that dad or mom see if it works for their DD.No debate.I know some people still post suggestion in spite of the debating/fight and for that I thank you.Everyone better hope I don't find the hitting "secret" that you (you know who you are) know.Because I can't keep a secret.Most on this site help and I say this all tongue in cheek.Lets go back to the way this site was meant to be.Help hitters,fielders.parent,coaches and players.

It has been tried more than once. And it has run off some pretty knowledgeable people because the drama and bs just isnt worth it to them. There is still alot of good advice here you just have to wade thru the muck to find it, The best advice I could give to a person if they do not want confrontation is to use the pm. Try what people suggest if it works then great if not try another. You will never get pepole to agree. its almost like religion or politics, just to many views in stone.

Tim

Oct 25, 2009
Debate is a wonderful part of this site. Probably the most important part.

When people argue the pros and cons of this, that, or the other method or technique that's what gets people to thinking, analyzing, experimenting with the bits and pieces. That's when you learn.

If everyone just accepts whatever information is put forth, then there's not as much thought, not as much learning. No one is above being challenged. Softball/baseball skills are far too complex for just a few experts. And every year there will be many needing to hear the same old thing that regular readers and posters have heard thousands of times.

There is nothing wrong with debate until it degrades to personal attacks. And it takes more than one side participating for a personal attack to mess up a thread.

Bottom line, this is a great forum. And the many characters that make up this forum is what makes it great!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I am with you on that notion. Sometimes I just don't get the subtle differences being discussed and need things spelled out.

So, FFS, do you like the premise behind the Rebel Rack? It seems to me you might be losing some of the hands go back philosophy that is prevalent on DFP.

There is no loss of the hands loading rearward as the hips move forward ... in fact, the hands load rearward ... but not back towards the catcher ... but rearward ... as in "up and in", or "rearward", or as in "body coil".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA