What do you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
A name I just found:Chas Pippitts Has a blog called Baseball Hitting Rebellion.Seems to explain the swing sequence same as what I hear on this web site.Just a different way of looking at the swing.

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
FFS,
What do you think? Seems to be saying and teaching the same swing sequence I hear on this site.He just teaches it alittle different.I felt might help a dad have a aha moment.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Give this a viewing ... it will explain a bit more about what he means about turning through the core and how he wants the body torquing motion led by the hips ahead of the shoulders. He is basically advocating eliminating back arm push and improving wrist flexibility & barrel direction. He also covers the pinching of the scaps as a means of helping eliminate pushing with the arms. He wants to deactivate the arms in favor of emphasizing the obliques and lower back. He advocates hip/shoulder spatial separation ... and wants to see a delay in the rotation of the shoulders towards contact once the dynamic stretch is felt by the rotation of the pelvis towards contact ... much like SnF ... and in fact he refers to it as exploding through ... much like SnF is the fastest way to deliver the ball from launch to contact.

Jan 13, 2012
Give this a viewing ... it will explain a bit more about what he means about turning through the core and how he wants the body torquing motion led by the hips ahead of the shoulders. He is basically advocating eliminating back arm push and improving wrist flexibility & barrel direction. He also covers the pinching of the scaps as a means of helping eliminate pushing with the arms. He wants to deactivate the arms in favor of emphasizing the obliques and lower back. He advocates hip/shoulder spatial separation ... and wants to see a delay in the rotation of the shoulders towards contact once the dynamic stretch is felt by the rotation of the pelvis towards contact ... much like SnF ... and in fact he refers to it as exploding through ... much like SnF is the fastest way to deliver the ball from launch to contact.

As I have said on another website, I find his material to be very similar to Jack Mankin's.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I found the name on baseball fever.It was a short discussion 3 posts.I tried to give back/help posters who have help me and others.I just thought maybe it would help a dad have an aha moment.Maybe not?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I found the name on baseball fever.It was a short discussion 3 posts.I tried to give back/help posters who have help me and others.I just thought maybe it would help a dad have an aha moment.Maybe not?

Consider posting that at BBD ... I'd be interested in what the individuals there might have to say.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I barely understand whats posted here.It takes me awhile to understand what is being discussed over there.A lot of great gifs and very different opinions.I enjoy reading and learning.I just thought Chas had a different way of explaning almost what is discussed here.

Sep 15, 2011
I barely understand whats posted here.

I am with you on that notion. Sometimes I just don't get the subtle differences being discussed and need things spelled out.

So, FFS, do you like the premise behind the Rebel Rack? It seems to me you might be losing some of the hands go back philosophy that is prevalent on DFP.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA