What do college players do.....???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
What do college players do after their 3 month season is over? Is there a circuit for college players that I am not aware of? LOL..

-signed..
Clueless :)

Oct 7, 2014
Upper Midwest
For my daughter and several of her teammates, find a 18U team with the right talent, schedule, etc. And test the coaching 'waters' for a part time job.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
BB played Women's TB for two years and also coached 10U/12U TB. Her final two years, she worked out every day with the strength coach for her school. In fact, we were just talking about that. She got up early in the morning and ran and then went to lift/run/do speed work so that she was in top shape for her season.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
In NJ there are 23U teams. They usually play dbl headers once or twice a week. They seem pretty loose. DD's 18U players were occasionally asked to fill in when they were short.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Here's an idea.....get into umpiring.

We definitely need more young female umpires and it would force the player to study the rules...which can help as a player.
As a college player, she probably already has a good understanding of the game.

Last, but not least.....she can pick up a few bucks during the summer.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What do college players do after their 3 month season is over?

Perhaps a D3 school plays a 3 month season, but not D1 or D2.

For D1 and D2 palyers,their season starts in September and ends in mid-May.

My DD played D1. She played on a high level 18U team after her freshman year. She enjoyed it, but she was really tired after the season.

After her sophomore year, she played a little 23U ball but didn't enjoy it...it wasn't competitive enough for her.

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
For D1 and D2 palyers,their season starts in September and ends in mid-May.

My DD played D1. She played on a high level 18U team after her freshman year. She enjoyed it, but she was really tired after the season.

After her sophomore year, she played a little 23U ball but didn't enjoy it...it wasn't competitive enough for her.

After I hit send, I recall they do begin play in Fall. I didn't know what they did after their soph. year. Thanks for the reply.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet