What % Are Your Catchers Throws On Time And Accurate?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Pretty much a follow up question to the
Caught Stealing % Post

Asking
How many of your catchers throws are getting to bases on time and accuretly?

*Add Age
Could help in discussion and general feedback.

Conversation to
Throw more runners out !!!
ZAP

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020
2/5 so 40% CS. Now on two other occasions the throw was on time but Short Stop did not make the tag or bobbled the ball. We have played many games / tournaments this year and she does not get many opportunities to throw down. Also has a couple back pics.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
2/5 so 40% CS. Now on two other occasions the throw was on time but Short Stop did not make the tag or bobbled the ball. We have played many games / tournaments this year and she does not get many opportunities to throw down. Also has a couple back pics.
You reminded me to add/ask age please?

Jun 8, 2020
She just turned 15 a couple weeks ago and is playing 18u and having a lot of success. The girls on the team have really taken to her. So it was a good move for us.

May 6, 2015
DD is 2007 BY. these are all approximations by my reckoning (no dad glasses, trust me DW always complains about how I am always seeing what could have been done better)

accuracy - 95% within one foot of bag horizontally (75 % within the corners of the bag), 65% below waist (some on a fast hop), 25% between waist and shoulders, 10 % above shoulders (maybe 3-4% above outstretched arm above head)

on time - probably 60% sometimes runner is just damn fast. sometimes throw is not as hard as her best

DD has a bit of OCD, so her natural inclination is to stress accuracy over speed.

CS% is approx 20% on this season. a lot has to go right (RF and rest of team need to call it out, she needs to catch pitch cleanly, good transtion, good hard throw, good catch by SS, getting tag down by SS, right call by blue ;)). as season has progressed, teams not attempting as many steals.

Jun 8, 2016
I would say at least 3/4 of the time at least but the pop times could probably be measured with a sun dial..12u

The coach does work with them but I don’t think they get any individual instruction.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach