WCWS bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2009
has anyone been watching the WCWS? well that's a dumb question. I'm pretty sure most of us here have. But has anyone been looking at the bats they use? I've seen so many easton bats it's not even funny. And with this rumor going around that the easton bats are breaking....this surprises me that those ladies use them!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
They are most probably sponsored by Easton. The team has no choice but to use them.

I am seeing lots of Demarini's, too. And especially, the CF4.

I don't think that Anderson sponsors any college teams, but that could have changed.

There is a poster on the college softball board, claiming that a team is swinging the same old yellow bat, with a piece of white tape on it. He is suspicious of the bat. I didn't notice anything like he is talking about.

Jul 28, 2008
This was posted on that other forum.

UCLA (Easton) 94 HR
Hawaii (Easton) 154 HR
Georgia (Easton) 95 HR
Florida (Easton) 105 HR
Arizona (Nike) 100 HR
Washington (Mizuno) 62 HR
Missouri (Wilson DeMarini) 61 HR
Tennessee (Worth) 50 HR

May 25, 2010
I don't understand the problem, but maybe I'm thinking about risk vs reward. To me the reward of hitting significantly more home runs seems worth the risk that 1 in every 1100 bats might break.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Most big schools have a bat and equipment sponser.
It doesn't surprise me that I see a lot Easton bats...they have a lot of money to sponsor, but I was just thinking that I have seen a lot of college games and don't know if the rumor is true, but I have yet to see one break.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
If they were so prone to breakage, then we would have seen one break in a game by now I would think. As many college softball games as we all watch, we have yet to see one break on TV.

What I wonder about is how they get all of the older bats. I see a lot of the original Stealths, the yellow and silver ones. The majority of them look new, they look shiny. What is going on here, I wonder? My father suspects that they bought a truck load when the bats came out and whenever one breaks or whatever, they just grab a new one.

I have seen more Anderson than I have before. I'd hate to be a on team that is sponsored and you are forced to use their bats.

Oct 19, 2009
In the 2009 at the College World Series Charlotte Morgan of Alabama broke an Easton Bat,
I remember seeing the game, in the early part of the season Alabama used the new Easton bats, but at the Regional, Supers Regional and College World Series they switched to the older bats.

I have read some complaints of the Easton bats breaking on some of the bat reviews, at a coaches clinic in 2007 at Alabama some coaches complained of the Easton bats breaking and asked the Alabama staff if it was a problem and they advised they never had one to break.

Then again you would not think they would bite the hands that feed them. The picture of Morgan breaking the bats was on the Alabama Web, but was pulled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283