Watching a game on TV

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I watched both UH and Tulsa games... I'm disappointed to see that they are being replayed about FIVE times today. The games weren't that great, full of errors. One of the things that killed me is when one of the teams had runners on first and third. The runner on goes to steal, the catcher for the fielding team makes a throw to the short stop who is halfway between the pitcher and second based (attempting to run that trick play). The girl on third runs home, the SS sends the ball to the catcher and they get her out at home.

The announcers talked about how GREAT this play was for about five minutes afterward, it seemed. Ummm, we've done this play at the rec level. I wasn't really impressed with that to the extent they were. Also, the way the announcers called home plate "the dish" was annoying since no one does that around here. It was weird, very weird for me to hear that.

Oct 22, 2009
When they went on about that play at home that was my first comment. "Don't they still do that play in 12u?"---Even 10u they fake throw.

I don't know why the re-run the games so much.

Many years ago I did a softball clinic and was surprised to see one of those kids on the field in those games. She was 12 at the time.
When my own DD was in college, I loved watching some of her teammates on TV, but since they've all graduated I haven't seen a familiar face on TV for awhile, that was refreshing. : )

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Wasn't it Michigan's coach that was so patiently trying to get the ump to call IPs on her opposing pitcher in last year's WCWS? IIIRC, that young lady was continually out of the lane. I can't remember who the opponent was.

Jan 27, 2010
Wasn't it Michigan's coach that was so patiently trying to get the ump to call IPs on her opposing pitcher in last year's WCWS? IIIRC, that young lady was continually out of the lane. I can't remember who the opponent was.

It was the Georgia Bulldogs Christie Hamilton.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
When they went on about that play at home that was my first comment. "Don't they still do that play in 12u?"---Even 10u they fake throw.

I don't know why the re-run the games so much.

Many years ago I did a softball clinic and was surprised to see one of those kids on the field in those games. She was 12 at the time.
When my own DD was in college, I loved watching some of her teammates on TV, but since they've all graduated I haven't seen a familiar face on TV for awhile, that was refreshing. : )

I was talking today about how much they rerun the games. My father fell asleep with the Tulsa-UH game on, woke up three times in the middle of the night with it still on, woke up this morning and it was on again. We left the house for a softball tournament, came home... cut the TV on and there it was again!

Nov 11, 2009
Hate to get flamed but at least its on TV. Hopefully more TV more exposure more scholarships. I watch with my dd who is a pitcher and we study what pitchers are doing right and wrong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves