Walmart balls?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD's 12U team had some 2 and 3lb balls they incorporated into the work out. Kind of a waste of time. The girls all complained of wrist pain when hitting them so they wouldn't hit them hard. I bought some TCS balls and DD hits them with gusto. No complaints of wrist pain and I have to stop her at 18-24 reps.

Can you hit them off the T as well?

Dec 8, 2009
I've looked at several Walmarts and other stores that carry sports/fitness equipment and have not been able to find the 1 pound balls, all I have been able to find are the 2 pound balls at Walmart in the fitness/exercise dept. Any ides where else to look?
Thanks

Oct 25, 2009
I've looked at several Walmarts and other stores that carry sports/fitness equipment and have not been able to find the 1 pound balls, all I have been able to find are the 2 pound balls at Walmart in the fitness/exercise dept. Any ides where else to look?
Thanks

Forget Walmart for the smaller balls. Go ahead and order the smaller TCB balls. Order a dozen because there's not much difference in the price between a half dozen when you consider shipping. They are too expensive but go ahead and bite the bullet; you'll forget the price once you start using them. They're a good tool.

About $106 including shipping.

Dec 8, 2009
I was just trying to find a cheaper alternative, I'm kinda on a tight budget and $100 plus for a dozen balls is a little out of reach right now.
Thanks

Oct 25, 2009
I was just trying to find a cheaper alternative, I'm kinda on a tight budget and $100 plus for a dozen balls is a little out of reach right now.
Thanks

Been there, done that. I'm in that same boat.

The Walmart balls are less durable. They are somewhat lighter. They come back at you much faster. It would be great to find another source because they are definitely expensive. But I guess if you say they are worth it, that negates the expensive description.

If anyone knows of another source that would be good information to have.

Sep 3, 2009
Which of the TCB balls do you folks recommend for U12 girls? I noticed a few different kinds on their website.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1