Viral Video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
just because it's DFP, and my field is still covered in snow

the basepath established at the time of the attempted tag looks to be about center batter's box.......after she avoids the initial tag, she is well past the end of the batter's box, which if i am correct extends 3.5" past the plate.....without being there and having a clearer view/better angle, it appears she could be past 3' of the point where the basepath is established at the first attempted tag......

a) anyone else think it's close?

b) anyone actually making that call if so?

hahaha

Aug 1, 2019
MN
just because it's DFP, and my field is still covered in snow

the basepath established at the time of the attempted tag looks to be about center batter's box.......after she avoids the initial tag, she is well past the end of the batter's box, which if i am correct extends 3.5" past the plate.....without being there and having a clearer view/better angle, it appears she could be past 3' of the point where the basepath is established at the first attempted tag......

a) anyone else think it's close?

b) anyone actually making that call if so?

hahaha
I'll throw this argument at the wall and see if it sticks:
-Runner establishes a basepath from 3rd to home that is outside the base line due to her rounding 3rd.
-Catcher starts her reach from in front of home plate, not in the basepath. She cannot reach the outside of the established basepath, leaving room for the runner to get by.
-Catcher whiffs on the tag ending that attempt at a play. Runner whiffs on touching the plate, eliminating the basepath.
-Runner establishes a new basepath from behind home plate to the plate; her 2nd attempt to score.
-The Taylor Swift Ticket distraction allows the runner to go straight in without deviating from her new basepath.

I think it was close, but I'm probably not calling out of basepath on that one.

Aug 25, 2019
I said it in the other post with this, if the catcher told the umpire "she missed the plate" and stepped on home, live.ball appeal, runner is out. Something for you coaches to make your catchers aware.of.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00