Video uploading questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2011
Not sure if this is the right place to ask the questions but because the videos are of pitchers I'm putting it here. If it needs moved, mods have at it.

I know I can post video if I load it to Youtube. But suppose I don't want it public. If I label the video private will you be able to see it here? I don't think you'll be able to.

Here's the dilemma. I can get periodic video of students but don't always get approval from parents to post. I can PM video to certain people which isn't a problem but how do i do that if I have to put on youtube?

Can you embed video here straight from your PC? What about gifs, can they be loaded straight from your PC? If so how?

I did a quick search and couldn't find my answers.

Any help would be appreciated. I half tempted to PM certain people and ask for email addys to send the videos too.

May 6, 2013
San Antonio TX.
CoachScott,

I always upload my You Tube videos as unlisted. In order to view the video you must have the link. You can embed a gif from your PC so you can convert video to gif.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask the questions but because the videos are of pitchers I'm putting it here. If it needs moved, mods have at it.

I know I can post video if I load it to Youtube. But suppose I don't want it public. If I label the video private will you be able to see it here? I don't think you'll be able to.

Here's the dilemma. I can get periodic video of students but don't always get approval from parents to post. I can PM video to certain people which isn't a problem but how do i do that if I have to put on youtube?

Can you embed video here straight from your PC? What about gifs, can they be loaded straight from your PC? If so how?

I did a quick search and couldn't find my answers.

Any help would be appreciated. I half tempted to PM certain people and ask for email addys to send the videos too.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2011
OILF - I agree 100% and would never post or send without permission. What I've gotten was can you send to a select few before opening it up to a full public forum. I normally tell them that technically as soon as I send anything over the web or even email is opened up to public view.

txnick - how do you embed a gif straight from your PC? It asks for a url? I'm normally really good with this stuff but I'm really having a flat forehead moment here.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
txnick - how do you embed a gif straight from your PC? It asks for a url? I'm normally really good with this stuff but I'm really having a flat forehead moment here.

Coach - I created an account at tinypic.com

upload your gif
it'll refresh and give you a message board link
copy that link... all of it
paste it in a post.

Hope that helps.

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks Java that does help. I'll look into it. I'll see the students and parents on Monday and try to get permission to upload. If that goes well, then maybe I'll just load video straight from Youtube.

I may start with PM's though. We'll see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors