Video opinions help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
[video=youtube_share;psQUOX6uGqg]http://youtu.be/psQUOX6uGqg[/video]

Ok, gotta put a school video together for our HS softball Christmas banquet. I messed around with what pictures I have on my iPad today to get a feel for this project. I uploaded it to hi-def on YouTube, but it looks fuzzy to me on playback.

For those of you that have done these videos, what programs did you use? This is a quick rough draft video, does it look ok? I still have the long process of importing pics from my laptop and the old desktop we never use anymore to get all the older pictures. It duplicated some pics in the video and left out a few, I'm going to need to figure out why.

Any advice would be nice.

Edit: I'm using Slide Show HD app. But I can use something PC if needed.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
GM, this is just something I threw together today. Just found out at this weeks booster club meeting I was voted to do this. I have to do two videos. One of the whole team 9-12. And one for our 7 starting seniors. That's my group I've had since 6 year old rec ball. I want to make it as special as possible combining our MS/HS accomplishments and our TB accomplishments.

I'm going to try your idea of burning to DVD for better resolution. The pics are HD, but the video to YouTube looks nothing like the individual pics. It's going to be shown on a 100x80" screen so it needs to be a clear as possible.

I hope someone has done this before to help me.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
GM, you were right.......burnt to DVD and the pic quality was back to hi-def.

Here is one my DD and a friend did last night and finished this morning. Something tells me she has access to a lot more pics than me. I told her we are going to need to pool our resources to do our final cut. Probably be a few weeks but once we get the video we will use for the school banquet, I'll run it by my peeps on here for a movie review.

She did this one more aimed her group. ( seniors )

[video=youtube_share;jfJqKcz89zo]http://youtu.be/jfJqKcz89zo[/video]

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2009
Goingdeep give animoto.com a look I can't recommend it highly enough. You can do short sample slid shows for free a longer one plus your own music is like four bucks and burn it to dvd. You can even add video clips which look super cool. The app does all the cuts and transitions and synchs it to the song.

I just found a show I made when my team was younger you can see the video in it adds a lot.

Animoto - Joliet Tournament

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Thanks Rick. That's what I'm looking for, something I can add video along with the still shots. Just put the app on the iPad and I'm going to play with it some.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Make sure *EVERY* girl on the team is the focal point of one picture.

Yea that's what I'm running into, I'm going to need to get a few parents to send me a couple of shots of their DD. and here is the next thing I thought about today. We have 5 freshman this year, sure they haven't been part of "this" HS run, but as a coach and a human being, I think they should have their faces in there too. ( kinda team building strategy if you follow :) ) Going to get those parents to send some TB pics of them too.

And I've instructed DD to take some pics at school during the softball class and pitches/catchers conditioning ( they can do that now per state rule ).

Last thing is they wanted 2 videos. Team growing together from freshmen-thru now ( seniors ) and our 2 state runs. Then a tribute to the 7 seniors ( they do that every year for 1-3 seniors, but we've never had 7 at one time.......ever in 25 years of the program ). I'm just not sure I can do that in just 2 videos. I dont want the girls to work this hard all their lives and get 3-4 memorable pics a piece.

Think I'm gonna need to talk to the HC about 3 videos.
1. The team as it is now. Freshmen to seniors.
2. The 2 state runs.
3. The seniors.

Whole point of the videos is to walk down memory lane for the kids and parents who have sacrificed so much to be part of this game. And I feel I need that #1 video to include ball pics of the freshmen, 7 starting seniors is going to mean very little varsity time. I at least want the freshmen and their parents to "feel" part of the team from the beginning. ( I think that's important for any "team" )

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
For the seniors, see if you can get the parents to submit an old t-ball shot or BB card of eack kid from when they were little. My DD's team gave the seniors a framed photo of a recent color solo shot superimposed over a black & white background photo of them from early T-ball days - a nice retrospective and one of my all-time favorites.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Good idea GM. I just got an email this morning we have a booster meeting Wednesday. Guess I'll plead my case then and throw your idea out there.

I played around some last night and definitely need 3 videos ( about 10 mins worth gives 30 secs video time per player ). Any less than that looks cheap, but I don't want to go extreme and have too much video. Plus, end of spring we will have "senior night" and each player has their own full length video showing different stages in their ball careers. The videos I'm doing ( for the school ) are more like "teaser trailers" we see in theaters, I guess. :confused:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet