Glove Selection Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
I’m looking for glove selection help. Admittedly, I have no experience with glove selection other than IF vs OF. I want to get dd a new glove for Christmas and am leaning towards one of the the Wilson A2000 models. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the A2000 pitcher’s model? Dd has not had a new glove since 12U :oops: (she’s 18 now) and it is literally a pancake. She does use a newer (cheap) glove at 2B but I was hoping to get her a high quality glove that she can wear at both positions which she’ll be playing in college (D3 so no team gloves). I like that the pitcher’s model isn’t knotted at the back as she does hit her thigh when she pitches, but just wondering if it would be ok to use at 2B, as well? Or should I just go with the regular IF model with the open webbing? She prefers a very light glove when pitching.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Oct 26, 2019
The Kelsey Stewart A2000 model is going for a great price online and is a closed web 12” that would work for both pitching and 2B

Apr 6, 2017
I don't think you can go wrong with a H web. I guess basket web would
be my top pick for a pitcher. I like the heart of the hide. AD is around here and can send you in the right direction on model. Keep in mind that either the A2000 or heart of the hide are going to be stiff. I'd also
keep in mind it might be her last glove and I'd buy a nice one.
What size glove is she using ? 12 or 12 1/4 H web is my favorite all around glove.

May 27, 2013
Thanks for the replies! I’m waiting on her college admittance to come just to be sure she’s in. Should know by the 15th. I want to get her the college’s colors. She uses a 12 in glove now. If it comes after Christmas it’s no big deal.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
What are her college colors and what size hands does she have?

Most here don’t like hearing this, but most “colored” gloves are of lesser quality, when I hear team colors or color combinations, I think of rolled welting and weaker dyed lace.

Then on the other hand, tan leather and tan lace matches everything! ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee