video of 10 year old

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 21, 2008
LOL....My daughter was the same way at first but after about 30 min of working on it she finally got it. Good Luck!

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Dan this girl thing is a hoot- I have worked with DD for a couple hours with the nerf football & she cannot get the hang of underhand internal rotation with that thing to save her soul, - but has somehow got the softball turning over pretty well. for me its the most natural thing in the world to throw an underhand spiral....must just be a girl thing- or maybe a Laney thing...

Toys R Us has about a half sized real football for around 9 bucks.

It feels real, has some weight to it but is small enough for small hands to grip.

Grip the back half of the ball with only the ring and pinky fingers on the back of the laces.

A nerf football will not work.

Hal

Nov 18, 2009
Update:
Since I posted this video, my daughter has gotten different pitching instruction. She also broke her wrist(non-throwing hand) that is why she doesn't have a glove in this clip.
This is from week 7(a couple of weeks ago) of a 10 wek pitching clinic in RVP.
Let me know what you think. I'm still not a fan of her follow through.

YouTube - Payton_Sylvester_03-12-2010_0001.wmv

Jan 27, 2010
Update:
Since I posted this video, my daughter has gotten different pitching instruction. She also broke her wrist(non-throwing hand) that is why she doesn't have a glove in this clip.
This is from week 7(a couple of weeks ago) of a 10 wek pitching clinic in RVP.
Let me know what you think. I'm still not a fan of her follow through.

YouTube - Payton_Sylvester_03-12-2010_0001.wmv

Definitely a vast improvement. She needs to stay with this new instructor. There are some timing issues that I'm sure she'll be able to improve with time,but overall she is doing a great job.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors