Velocity Difference Between 12U and 14U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
What I get a kick out of is the 10U and 12U GOLD teams.

Now that teams can play one week in an 18A qualifier and the next in an 18 GOLD qualifier there are tons of GOLD teams. We always have a couple of college players so it is always 18A

Last edited:
May 21, 2012
I love this thread. Having a DD pitcher currently playing 12u Club and 14u Travel this year, I am extremely interested in how she does. She's more of a movement and placement pitcher compared to speed (not slow but there are faster - and yes - I can admit it). I've heard with adding the 3 feet, it will enhance her movement. I'm a little excited to see how everything plays out.

Our club team has played teams that qualified for 14u this past fall. Pitching was not necessarily different. But we are only talking abt a one year difference in age. I will say that the qualifying 14u team were able to hit speed pitchers but struggled with movement pitchers. Not sure what that means but it is what it is...

Feb 1, 2012
NJ
All I knw is that the first time DD moved back from 40' to 43' She about killed me with the drop ball. I was used to catching it in one spot but it went right under my glove and dad had to buckett bail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors