USSSA World Series/Road to Orlando to move in a couple of years

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2013
Parkersburg, WV
Yeah, anything below ESPN Field 6 is grass infield. That said they removed the mounds and put the bases in dirt. That is much more than other parks would do. I beleive if you stayed in the Winners Bracket you didn't end up on these fields but I could be wrong (we played the softball diamondplex every game we played at WWOS)Also they didn't use the FAR fields at WWOS which was also a good move - hate getting to those.

The twwo offsite locations are decent - I like Osceola. Fortune Road is different - the dirt there is weird but the facility is nice enough.

we tied one, lost one, fought back and won after having to play two games to win the championship. Daughter hit 4 HR's and bounced two or three off the fence. We didn't mind the other site, the walk wasn't as bad. Of course rain delays were fun at the espn site watching all the scouts review the basketball players indoors, nice and cool in there, lol about 112 heat index. Its was great to have Cat sitting there watching our games while signing autographs.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Are these the same type of artificial turf fields that Seminole County built last year? Back in May the umpires shoes literally melted and tournaments have since been cancelled. Diamond 9 was even floating the idea of playing in the morning and evenings only in order to avoid the heat of the day. The graphic above shows only baseball fields, so no softball?

Even here in the Pacific NW, I have been in games on the turf when your feet start to burn inside your shoes. While the turf allows us to play in damp weather, it's definitely not the best surface for warm sunny days.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors