USFA World Series - Panama City

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2013
BB's 12U Collinsville Extreme will be there. Coach Mark is the HC and BB is his AC. This will be their second year down there. They went as 10U last year.

Maybe we'll cross paths, although looking at the site, they are currently listed as "B" and we will be playing "A". I know a couple of the teams on there that are currently listed as B and should be A though, so not sure it's a finalized list. DD team is USA Patriots

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
An event this size has to be played at multiple parks, the same is true for ASA and PGF Nationals. It is hard to find that many nice fields within close proximity to one another, so you have to take the good with the bad. For ASA Nationals in Normal, IL we ended up playing on a HS field that I swear was a cow pasture the week before we got there....

I understand they have to use multiple parks. My thing is Frank Brown Park is not as nice as any of the ones we play at in Georgia. I cant name one of the parks they use that would be nicer than Meade in Peachtree City, Hobgood in Woodstock, Twin Creeks in Woodstock, Lanier Point in Gainesville. or either of the two we have played at in Carrolton. Frank Brown really could use a makeover and a little drainage. I have walked to the car twice in water up to my knees. Granted the set of fields in the back away from the water park are better then the other set.

With all that said we had a good time every trip. It has just been the things away from the softball that made it that way. I guess the longer the girls play and the more you are exposed to how things can be you get a little spoiled.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Maybe we'll cross paths, although looking at the site, they are currently listed as "B" and we will be playing "A". I know a couple of the teams on there that are currently listed as B and should be A though, so not sure it's a finalized list. DD team is USA Patriots

They are a 1st year 12U with only 3 second year players.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I understand they have to use multiple parks. My thing is Frank Brown Park is not as nice as any of the ones we play at in Georgia. I cant name one of the parks they use that would be nicer than Meade in Peachtree City, Hobgood in Woodstock, Twin Creeks in Woodstock, Lanier Point in Gainesville. or either of the two we have played at in Carrolton. Frank Brown really could use a makeover and a little drainage. I have walked to the car twice in water up to my knees. Granted the set of fields in the back away from the water park are better then the other set.

With all that said we had a good time every trip. It has just been the things away from the softball that made it that way. I guess the longer the girls play and the more you are exposed to how things can be you get a little spoiled.

If you just want to play in a nice park I HIGHLY recommend Tyger River in Spartanburg, SC and The Summit of Softball and Warner Park in Chattanooga, TN. All three of them are better than anything I have seen in GA.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
If you just want to play in a nice park I HIGHLY recommend Tyger River in Spartanburg, SC and The Summit of Softball and Warner Park in Chattanooga, TN. All three of them are better than anything I have seen in GA.

It isn't just about a park being nice. We have played in some that were not that great but the fields were well maintained.

We haven't played at Tyger River but we have played at both Warner and the Summit and they are outstanding. While at Warner my DD had the chance to play at Frost Stadium and that was definitely a thrill not to mention to old train that passes by the parking lot. We haven't play at the Summit since 8U but my youngest was only a year old so the rocking chairs by the field were a hit with my wife. I think I had rather play in Chattanooga than anywhere we have been. Johnson City would be a close second.

We are heading to Columbus for Southern Nationals this year and we have not played there. That's the part I do miss about going to PCB. It is a lot better destination than Columbus, Ga or Salem, Va where 12U Nationals will be next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors