USA Preps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 11, 2009
Has anybody out there attended a USA Preps camp andqualifing tournament? If so can you give us some feedback on your experience? Thanks
TM

Sep 4, 2012
Hello,
My daughter was in a USA Preps college exposure tournamnet two weeks ago in elgin, IL. Use caution when considering this camp. Very high pressure sales with repeated emails/calls. Our coaches called and signed up for the camp and tournament over the phone and shortly thereafter, there were fraudulent charges on their credit cards in the amount of thousands of dollars. Our team was attending the tournament, and I signed my daughter up over the internet for the camp and 3 days after the tournament, I also had fraudulent charges on my card. Their website check-out is shady....it makes it tricky to know what you are signing up for. You are trying to just pay for the camp, and all of a sudden, your cred. card info is transferred to another page where you are signed up for some showcase account. They advertise as though they are sponsored by Mizuno, but when I contacted Mizuno, they told me they are not sponsors of USA Preps. Their literature promised "jerseys and Mizuno Headbands for each participant" but that was untrue. The jerseys were only for girls that came without a team as individuals and there were no headbands. When questioned, Price , the owner made excuses and just said they were gone and they hadn't actually had any since February. After complaints from our team, I now see the promised jerseys and headbands removed from their FAQ. The balls at the tournament were synthetic leather and there was a shortage. Also, the same college college coach was in our dugout for 3 of the 5 games we played. Moreover, at the camp, the schedule showed the camp running from 8:00-1:30 pm. This was not the case-at 11:30 my daughter had been through the stations and was told that was all there was. She asked to do hitting again (as they hit only a few balls) and was told no. It's not an instructional camp-it's a showcase where you field/pitch/hit less than 10 balls for the coaches to view and do a couple timed running activitites and then you are done. Supposedly we will receive an evaluation in a week or so-but it's my understanding this is only for your timed running. There is no written evaluation of your hitting or pitching. There were some nice college coaches I spoke with there. They echoed they only need to see a few pitches or hits of a player to make a determination of their ability.
I would use caution in choosing this camp.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06