Upgrade bucket dads catchers mitt, what to get?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
I currently have a LS Xeno mitt that I bought to catch my daughter through 10U. I paid $50 and it has been a good glove for what I needed it for. It fit a mans hand and was easy to break in. However, my daughter is starting to throw in the upper 40s and some of the catches are starting to sting a little more. :) I can see that it wont be long before I need something with a little more leather and padding. Can you guys/gals recommend a good glove that fits a man's hand (average size hands) and that will handle pitches in the 50s and up without a problem. Please be specific to model and size. I do not mind spending money on a really nice glove that will hold up. Thanks.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For hand protection, these are all worth looking at...
- Vinci
- All-Star CMW3000
- Worth Liberty Advanced

Feb 7, 2013
Have you considered a padded glove to wear on your hand to add a little padding/cushion to the catcher's mitt. A lot cheaper than a new glove.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Rocket tech 1 - who are you? Are you my wife!? ;) that sounded like a sensible wife answer. Here I come up with a good excuse to buy a new glove and you try to destroy my good excuse. LOL
Thanks Eric and Chris.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00