Unofficial visit an excused absence from school?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
Dad is taking an unofficial visit next week. She will miss a day of school. Is the absence excused for visiting a college before being a senior in high school? Her grades will suffer if she can't make up the work.

Oct 10, 2014
Peach State
DD is taking the visit, though I wish my dad could see her now. He's been gone since she was five. I hope he would be proud of her hard work.
Gotta love auto-correct on the iPad.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Depends on the school policy. However, most will excuse if arranged in advance. School administrators can be real jerks when it comes to athletes. I often had to escalate matters. The AD may advocate on your behalf with dolt teachers. Arrange the absence in advance and do not take no for an answer.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
High school administrators likely will be more receptive to the absence if you characterize it as a "college visit" rather than an unofficial visit with the softball coach.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Every school district makes their own policies within state guidelines, but we were told that my DD had to be a junior or senior for a college visit to be considered an excused absence.

Feb 12, 2014
In our school district you have to get a note from the admissions department of the visiting school and once you have submitted the note to the attendance department you will then be granted an excused absence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd