Unimportant Gamechanger stat question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
I use an Excel spredsheet populated by Vlookups. The correct formula and initial roster is entered once at the beginning of the season. Then you just enter each game data and the season statistics populate themselves. I can make it look exactly how I want. Add a player? Separate stats for games vs good teams? Add a numerically measurable stat? Can do. Change from OBP to WOBA? Put in the factors and hit enter. It's nothing new, just takes a bit of setup. Most people already have Excel.

Oct 4, 2018
To answer the original question if you get thrown out trying to stretch a hit into a double or a triple it counts as both a hit and as an on base number so it helps both.

Yup. And get thrown out at third it counts as a hit, and a double (assuming there weren't any errors).

Oct 4, 2018
We had an odd one last weekend. Woman is looking at Game Changer, saying an older team from our org won a game 5-3.

Me: "How many hits did they have?"
Her: "One."
Me: "How many errors did the other team have?"
Me: "How many walks did our team have?"

pause, while thinking...

Me: "How many Hit by Pitch did they have?"
Her, laughing: "Seven"

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Copy and Paste from gamechanger.

#RosterGPPAABH1B2B3BHRRBIRHBPROEFCCIBBSOAVGOBPSLGOPS

00blw 617167700043010000.438.412.438.849

Can't get the numbers to line up vertically but the batting average shows .438 with a OBP of .412

To make it simple: She was on base 8 times (7 hits + 1 HBP) in 17 PA, so her OBP should be .471. I don't use Gamechanger, but looks like some kind of bug or glitch.

The only way an average can be higher than OBP is with sac flies, because a sac fly is not counted against AVG, but it is counted against OBP.

Oh, and while not pertinent here, a CI/CO is treated like a sac bunt. It's a "nothing" for OBP. It's not treated like a regular ROE (which is an 0-for-1).

May 16, 2016
To make it simple: She was on base 8 times (7 hits + 1 HBP) in 17 PA, so her OBP should be .471. I don't use Gamechanger, but looks like some kind of bug or glitch.

The only way an average can be higher than OBP is with sac flies, because a sac fly is not counted against AVG, but it is counted against OBP.

Oh, and while not pertinent here, a CI/CO is treated like a sac bunt. It's a "nothing" for OBP. It's not treated like a regular ROE (which is an 0-for-1).

If I am counting columns correctly, there is a Zero under HBP, that 1 is actually a ROE.

So, 17 plate appearances/7 hits = .412

16 At Bats / 7 hits = .438

Must be a Sac we don't see?

Jul 27, 2015
I am the coach. The stats should not be altered. Seems like it might just be some kind of glitch.
Our head coach once caught an assistant coach changing the stats for his (assistant coach's) daughter. You could tell it was changed because the game summary on Game Changer had a different number of hits than the box score. Lots of back story to that which I won't bore you with, but the assistant lost his GC admin privileges.

Jun 11, 2013
I think the stats are right. As was pointed out above there seems to be a ROE not a HBP.

Also getting thrown out trying to stretch a hit isn't always a bad thing. If it happens a lot you have a problem but if it never happens you are playing too cautious.

Oct 4, 2018
Our head coach once caught an assistant coach changing the stats for his (assistant coach's) daughter. You could tell it was changed because the game summary on Game Changer had a different number of hits than the box score. Lots of back story to that which I won't bore you with, but the assistant lost his GC admin privileges.

It really sucks giving your own daughter an error in the field or a ROE as a batter. But gotta do it right.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
ROE really suck. They don't seem fair. Girl hit a laser that goes off the heel of the third baseman's glove and gets past the LFer and she ends up on second base but her BA went down.

Jul 27, 2015
It really sucks giving your own daughter an error in the field or a ROE as a batter. But gotta do it right.
If only that were the case. The play in question would be marked an error by 99 out of 100 score keepers. It was a slow roller to third. It went between her legs. It was not hard hit. It was a clear error.

What makes this so ironic: he was a scoring Nazi against our own team. He made sure that any remotely close play was marked an error if our girls were batting (so if 98 out of 100 score keepers would mark it a hit, he would mark it an error). Then for him to switch his own daughter's clear error to a hit was beyond crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtp1221