U.S.A./USSSA age chart changes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
does this just align USSSA and USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. A kid who turns 11 Aug 31, 2023 (or anytime in 2023 before Sept 1) needs to play 12u in the spring for USA whereas they could play 10u in USSSA. 10u for USSSA is 2012 and 2013 birth years.

Jun 8, 2016
Thankfully I'll just let coach figure out which tourney we're supposed to be in. :p
Not that hard. As an example a 2008 birth year team right now has two different USA age levels depending on what grade they are currently in (or should be in..) 8th or 9th.

Wonder if this going to bring into the mix the grad year exceptions baseball runs into....

Dec 18, 2022
Not that hard. Your 2008 birth year team right now has two different USA age levels depending on what grade they are currently in (or should be in..) 8th or 9th.

And that’s a major issue for a team that’s already put together for the season, to have a mid year rules change….basically forces entire teams to play up starting mid year. And doesn’t align to the other sanctions….

Long story short, guess we aren’t playing any USA tournaments any time soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
And that’s a major issue for a team that’s already put together for the season, to have a mid year rules change….basically forces entire teams to play up starting mid year. And doesn’t align to the other sanctions….
I agree.

Jun 8, 2016
Just found out that the age change won’t take place (at least for OK USA) until Sept 1 2023. May want to check with your State’s USA director.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
I don't know a whole bunch about USA softball. Is JO softball just specific tournaments or do all USA softball tournaments fall under the JO umbrella??
JO Softball is Junior Olympic softball. Basically all USA Softball Tournaments are JO Tournaments. Any youth tournament is a JO tournament for USA Softball.

Jan 12, 2023
Does anyone know if the new USA Softball age requirement that will affect birth cut off dates for travel tournaments (PGF, Alliance, TCF) after September 1, 2023?

Jun 8, 2016
Does anyone know if the new USA Softball age requirement that will affect birth cut off dates for travel tournaments (PGF, Alliance, TCF) after September 1, 2023?
Maybe Alliance since some of their tournaments are run through USA softball. Of course some are not USA so I have no idea how that will work.

I doubt the other sanctions will be effected unless they explicitly change their age groups to match USA.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06