Turnover vs. peel drop

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This is a video of my DD. She got about $100K in college education from throwing this pitch. She and I worked on it together for about 2 years until she perfected it. She still throws it today. If you live in Chicagoland, call up Centerfield Sports Academy in Naperville, schedule a lesson and she'll teach you how to throw it.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2008
This is a video of my DD. She got about $100K in college education from throwing this pitch. She and I worked on it together for about 2 years until she perfected it. She still throws it today. If you live in Chicagoland, call up Centerfield Sports Academy in Naperville, schedule a lesson and she'll teach you how to throw it.

Slugger, I have no dought that your daughter was a great pitcher and has a great drop ball. I'm just saying that you can't see the release in the video so it does not prove your point about the hand rolling over the top and down the front of the ball on the roll over. I'm sure that is her goal and at full speed it may looks like what she is doing but I still don't think that is what is happening. Post a better angle of the release and lets freeze video at release and see.

I'll refer you to an older post about this subject

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/3590-peel-drop-5.html

Last edited:

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Slugger, I have no dought that your daughter was a great pitcher and has a great drop ball. I'm just saying that you can't see the release in the video so it does not prove your point about the hand rolling over the top and down the front of the ball on the roll over. I'm sure that is her goal and at full speed it may looks like what she is doing but I still don't think that is what is happening. Post a better angle of the release and lets freeze video at release and see.

I'll refer you to an older post about this subject

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-pitching/3590-peel-drop-5.html

Guilty until proven innocent? The "roll-over drop" is a commonly thrown pitch. ...and it is NOT a peel drop by any streatch of the imagination

Jul 21, 2008
Cat throws a peel. I listened to her speak at a clinic that my DD attended. I'm also positive that she does not throw a rollover based on what she told us. Her hand is naturally going like that after release but she's not trying to turn over the ball.

I agree she is throwing a peel but I think many pitchers throw this pitch and call it a rollover.

Apr 13, 2010
I agree she is throwing a peel but I think many pitchers throw this pitch and call it a rollover.

Well, my DD's pitching coach knows the difference and she taught my DD the roll over. They're two completely different animals.

Jul 21, 2008
Just curious to see if everyone that said that the hand goes over the top of the ball on the rollover drop still believe that after viewing sluggers video in new thread "Roll over drop"?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877