Turning the barrel

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
Taken after all star game. Family / Agent & staff and wives / hitting instructor present and accounted for.

LXcn7y.jpg

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa

Why did Judge say it was Matt Holiday that taught him how to get into his back hip? I'm sure TM would've covered that well.

Anyways he starts with his back hip a little pre coiled and then coils a little more. That is what I like about an open stance, you can feel the stretch better.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Different approaches to high in pitch - both phenomenal hitters

AYg9Yc.gif

DnMTyl.gif

When you watch both swings

Which hitter gets rear hip behind rear leg and which hitter rotates hip?
Which hitter gets rear elbow through and which hitters rear elbow follows torso around?
Which hitter turns barrel immediately and which hitter turns first and then barrel gets turned?
Which hitter looks they are doing self toss trying to hit ball high and far?

So are you saying Correa is letting rotation power his swing more then Cabrera? Are we talking about two methods? This was one reason I posted Correa in the barrel turn thread.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I went to elementary school and played HS ball against the agent, Matranga. Small world.

Never watched Judge play baseball but he was one hell of a tight end in HS. Throw the ball in the air and he would come down with it every time. Torched our defense.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Buttermaker,

Is it safe to say that turning the barrel might not match video clearly. Meaning the barrel doesn't turn until the back elbow is down for example?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut