Turf Shoes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
Does anything use turf shoes or does everyone just use tennis shoes. I ordered my DD a pair of New Balance 4040 Turf shoes. I just kind of got tired of her messing up her school shoes. She wears Asics running shoes and the toe doesn't last no time at all in those. The other issue is all the turf fields we have around here all have grass warm up areas. Only concern I have is the turf shoes look to have a little traction on the toe.

Jun 12, 2015
DD has Boombah cleats. They hold up well (the Endura ones), and they're close enough to molded cleats she could wear them in a game without any issues. Unlike the Ringor turfs, which are useless on turf. Very slippery.

Apr 28, 2014
My kid has bunions and cant wear Ringors. She uses a pair of sneakers that I apply Turf Toe liquid to. That works great.

Jan 28, 2017
A lot of pitches in our area wear tuff shoes and tennis shoes outside. My Dd uses model cleats even inside. MS can use metal and next year 14u bit not sure if she should use them to pitch.

Jun 19, 2016
Anyone know the width of the Ringor? My DD either wears a 6.5 men's or 8.5 W women's. She cannot fit in the regular 8.5 womens. I suppose you have to get a women's to get the pitching toe?

Mar 22, 2019
Illinois
DD has Boombah cleats. They hold up well (the Endura ones), and they're close enough to molded cleats she could wear them in a game without any issues. Unlike the Ringor turfs, which are useless on turf. Very slippery.

I can vouch for these. Great shoes!! I especially like the pitchers toe version for my DD. I purchased both the turf and molded cleats so the feel is the same inside or out for her.

Oct 4, 2018
Just bought her Ringor cleats with pitchers toe. Do I need to get her turn shoes with pitchers toe too? I'm trying to keep this travel softball expense lower than my take-home pay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez