Turf shoes

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2015
Curious if turf shoes are better than plain tennis shoes for practice or playing on turf . If so what brands are better ?
Thanks terry

May 15, 2014
Atlanta
Absolutely Ringor for turf. I have always bought my daughter the cheapest sneakers I could find, around $20 at Academy for pitching lessons. We were going through a pair every 4-6 weeks, she was wearing them down to the toe. We only did that because her feet were growing so fast (she was 9 when we started the pitching lessons) but about 2 months ago I decided to get her the turf pitching toe ringors because now that she is almost 12, the growth is starting to slow down. Holy cow, those things are built like a tank. She goes weekly and you can't even tell there is any wear at all where she drags. I hate how expensive they are but if I can get 6 months out of them for pitching lessons, I have saved myself money. Same thing with their cleats- She is on her 3rd pair but only due to growth, not wear.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I like Ringor (w/ pitching toe) the but there are a couple others that get good, if not better, reviews.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I'm ok with kids showing up with cheap tennies, but if they slip because the shoes are too cheap, it really puts a kink in our time. Use the best gear you can afford or buy used. I hit Play it Gain Sports and find all kinds of great stuff...

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
DD uses Ringor turfs. Loves them for pitching, but says they rub on the tops of her feet uncomfortably while hitting. She wears regular gym shoes for that.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
My DD uses Boombah Turfs. They last her all winter usually. But for pitching I would agree with anyone that says spend the money and go ringor.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I like Ringor (w/ pitching toe) the but there are a couple others that get good, if not better, reviews.

I have not spent the time to read the reviews, but I bet $1 that the complaints are all about weight.....while Ringor has come out with some lighter weight models I am "old school" and believe that heavy = heavy duty and I prefer longer life vs. trying to minimize my DD's home-to-first time.

Sep 22, 2013
Just got my DD a pair of New Balance 4040 turf shoes for women. She loves the look and feel and can't wait to use them for our winter workouts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish