Tryouts Today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2011
Monmouth County NJ
It seems early but today is the first of two tryouts with my DD's current organization. The next tryout is Aug. 8th. She's 11yo and will be moving up to 12U this fall along with 8 others on her 10U team. Here lays there problem, there is only one, maybe two others players at her skill level from her team. But there are 7 players staying down from last years 12U team and from watching them play it looks like there is only one weak player. There has been talk about having 2 teams, a younger and older. Right now I'm hoping she ends up on the older better team even though she's younger. The girls moving up are really nice girls but I don't want her to be the best player on the team I would rather she have to work for her playing time then it be a given.

The other problem is we really like this organization. They own their training facility and the training is the best in the area. They bring in D1 coaches from different colleges for 10 weeks in the winter to work with all the levels of girls. We practice two times a week during the year, a little less around the holidays and tournament time. We can go in and work with our DD any time we want. I know it's a ways away, if at all, but they get more girls into schools with money than anyone else around here. They had 17 players in the CWS this year.

There are a few other teams around here that are pretty good also. And I think we'll go to one or two of the other teams tryout to see if there is any connection.

I guess this is what some people are going though this time of year and I know it's only 12U I'm talking but it seems important to me enough to put it down. The next month should be interesting.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Sounds like your in a great position anyway it goes!!! I would tryout for the other teams too!!! Outline the tryouts and post. I have read several wanting to know what they are like on here... sounds like your the first one up... Providence to You!

Apr 6, 2012
Don't get hung up on which team she makes ( older or younger). At this age it doesn't really matter. As she progresses through the age group, she'll get where she needs to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi