Tryouts: Guest Play vs make a Team Commitment?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Sounds like you're more interested in getting a free season. I'd pass on you if you turned down our offer to try some other teams out.

Most teams in our area put time limits on how long a player has to decide if she will accept a spot on the roster once an offer is extended.

Jun 22, 2016
Most teams in our area put time limits on how long a player has to decide if she will accept a spot on the roster once an offer is extended.

Yes it is more about this then not paying. Fine with paying and have spent thousands on teams, lessons, gear, travel and all the rest. What I don't like is having to shell out a thousand or more on a flyer in the Fall. If the team is well established and this is the team we want to be and fortunate enough to get an offer then you commit and pay.

Jun 12, 2015
When we were looking for a new team we picked up with a couple before deciding. We chose the one that did NOT offer us a free spot, over the one that did. Definitely not about money. It was about feeling lied to in the fall and wanting to be as sure as we could we ended up with a good fit. Coaches can say whatever they want, but you don't really know until you see them in action, and it's different playing with them versus just observing them from afar. Plus, you find out how your DD likes the other girls, which at least for us is also a consideration.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
The last time my dd had a two to three month break was when she was 9. What we did was take her to a strength and conditioning classes. Basically it was just a fun type of drills they did to prep her for spring. Not softball related at all. Had kids from all sports there working out in a class. Best 125 a month I spent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321