Tryout - Didn't make it?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Feels good, doesn't it. As long as you and your DD were humble in your victory. You can both share a good laugh in the car on the ride home. Those moments last forever.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
My GDD is aging up to 14u next year. She was begged to tryout by the "money man" to tryout for his organization that she played for before. Her previous team was very poorly coached and disorganized. During one B tournament after catching 5 games on Saturday and 3 games on Sunday in searing heat and after my son begged the coach to give her a break behind the plate and was refused, she was able to leave that team and go to another. She loves her current team but they are 99s and have no plans to move up even though they are an A bracket team.

So "money man" was persistent so she relented and went to the tryout as he was a great help in getting her released from the former team. Coach is a retired HS coach with no travel ball experience and acted like a drill sargent. We were told by other players and parents she had an outstanding workout (my son left for the two hours). At the end of the tryout the coach politely told her that he did not need any outfielders, infielders, pitchers or catchers. Huh?

On the way home my son said my GDD was very quite. So he asked her if she wanted to talk about it. She asked "talk about what?" He told her she was very quite and figured she was upset. Her retort, "Upset? I just got two hours of extra softball practice and I would not have accepted even if they offered. I love my current team and I want to stay with them so I can help train the new catcher. I was just trying to remember when our next practice was." Gotta love her.

And the good thing is, her current team won a 26 team tournament this weekend. Oh, and to make things even better, she hit a grand slam home run.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321