True or False?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2013
I am a huge repetition fan. DD has nothing going for her except she practices a lot.

Edit: I didn’t think she would make her MS Team because she is not a “normal” player, she had no Issue.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I'm going with false. It would be the difference in a silent physical practice.............vs a practice with physical components along with verbal instruction, explanation, information, clarification, and commentary.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Practice makes players better, not more instruction or more information. True or False?

View attachment 4081

False as written.

Practice makes players better WITH GOOD instruction AND GOOD information.

It is not either or. It is both. If you are practicing stuff that isn't going to help you because you don't have the right instruction or information then it is going to be less effective.

Proper practice makes players better. If you have already received the proper instructor and information then you go off and practice what you were taught yes practice makes players better. It is all about what you are practicing as to whether or not it is making you better.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
More practice will not enable improvement without good instruction,

both are required.

I know a guy who pays to take his DDs to Hitting coach and a Pitching coach. problem is, they do no other practice on their own or with each other.

Apr 13, 2013
If you hit or catch 1000s of balls the player will figure it out, it is not that hard when you do it all the time. I agree that good instruction is important but I will take reps over instruction.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand