Truckin'

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
DD and myself are heading out to our first "away" hotel tournament this weekend (New Jersey). She's very excited. Any advice? Dos and don'ts? I plan on bringing empty coolers and shopping/filling them down there....is that what most of you do?

Thanks,
T.

Nov 6, 2013
Baja, AZ
Yep ^. Make sure she has what she wants to eat, before and between games. Nothing too heavy. Let her eat heavy with her teammates after the last game of each day. In bed early. This is her job, not a party.

Sep 4, 2014
Stay out of the pool until your done with the games for that day. Most of all enjoy it!!!!

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
DD and myself are heading out to our first "away" hotel tournament this weekend (New Jersey). She's very excited. Any advice? Dos and don'ts? I plan on bringing empty coolers and shopping/filling them down there....is that what most of you do?

Yep...

Team meals, pool time after games and other team activities are a blast. The players should always be at every team activity. We just got back from an away tourney last week and this years activity seems to be 'Manhunt' which appeared to be some bizarre team hide & seek they played over multiple floors of the hotel.

Parent all sitting around after the kids are sent to bed is great as well. Great way to really get to know people.

We always ask for early games when we can so we have 3pm-10pm for dinner & team pool/bonding time.

Make reservations for team dinners - getting into some place with a party of 30 is not easy on a Friday/Saturday night - but even if you don't, then pizza delivery isn't a bad thing to bring to poolside either.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
bring money for tolls. Lots of money.

You won't eat as much as you think. Especially if the cooler is at the car. Bring power bars. Stop at the WaWa for coffee and breakfast sandwich. Buy bowl of fruit at WaWa and bring your sunscreen. Supposed to be sunny this weekend. Find Cracker Barrel after games to recharge. That is pretty much our routine in S Jersey.

Good luck.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware

Thanks,
T.

If you're driving through Delaware buy your food there it's tax free. Jersey sales tax is a hotel stay in it's own lol.

Power bars, sport waters (little bottles), maybe a few pre-made sandwiches are always nice.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Prepare yourself for NJ softball parents in the stands. They are quite "vocal" and not necessarily "knowledgeable".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie