Trips to the Mound

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
By rights she should be upset as she knows she shouldn't walk "a bunch in a row"....... When my pitcher walks a bunch in a row I am going to the circle to give her the hook and an encouraging "better luck next time......"

Walking a bunch in a row is commonplace for 9 yo's in my parts. If we took them out of the game each time we'd have noone left to pitch. This is still instructional at this age and I could care less about the wins and losses, except for maybe in the LL tournament. Of course they aren't happy to see the carousel spinning but I think that it's important for them to learn to regain their composure when they start to feel rattled, unsettled and sometimes close to tears. If I need to take them out for their sake because they're tired or they've reached the emotional breaking point then I will, but as long as they still have some will to do it, I'm going to give them every opportunity to fight through the inning first. So I still strongly disagree with you guys who just say "take a seat on the bench".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd